Help me with my equipment on my now lvl 66 Marauder.

I'm currently in Act2 Merciless and I'm dying and getting into near death situations frequently. I'll list my equipment here, as well as the build and gems I'm using:

I'm using Mace and Shield instead of 2H Mace because I like those extra resistences I get from the shield and the 2H Mace I have doesn't improve much my DPS and only has 2 blue sockets.

I have Ground Slam with Melee Physical Damage and Life Gain on Hit, Heavy Strike with Melee Physical Damage and Life Gain on Hit and Leap Slam with Life Leech and Added Fire Damage (I don't use it often, usually just to escape from danger). I think it's probably time to put Life Leech on Heavy Strike.

This is my skill tree: http://goo.gl/yZJ4L

I'm obviously going for the Ground Slam Marauder. So what should I change?
Last edited by Guilhao on Apr 24, 2013, 1:05:33 PM
you need change all chest/shield/boots/helmet /gloves try get better armour whit 100% increased +hp is important and 2-3 resistance you need have min. 75% resistance
I would remove blood magic and run 6 aura whit reduced mana reservation 5% 2x
and inner force +lava lash
Last edited by BugsBunny123 on Apr 18, 2013, 4:27:55 PM

some stuff is good some stuff is ok

I'm a 2H marauder myself but i sold most of my old stuff already :(
I really like Blood Magic. Before having it I would use skills a few times and have to go to a safe spot and wait for mana regen.

And how should I get equipment? Forging or trading? If trading I'd like to have some guidance on prices so I don't get ripped off or make a ridiculously low offer that makes the other guy think I'm joking and ignore me.
i think have a few cheap upgrades for you
if interested, PM ZipZapPikaPika or give me your ingame name
I got 4 upgrades from theapplepie which left me without most my orbs.

Weapon and Shield became:

Boots became:

Casque became:

And belt became:

My biggest problem right now seems the super low Lightning Resistence which used to be what I had the most before these changes.

EDIT:

I'm using another chest for Chamber of Sins because there are many mobs that deal lightning damage there:

I also got a new amulet:
(I wish the mana mod was something else but it's still an improvement)

I even got Enduring Cry, but I'm still having problems in this area, mainly with poison damage. What can I do to fix that?
Last edited by Guilhao on Apr 19, 2013, 4:23:14 AM
Could you link your passive tree so we can help you in that respect as well? Your gear seems to have improved so far, although having such high life on belt is good right now you are missing resists so I suggest getting one with dual or even tri-resists with life as well (but not as much life or it will be expensive).

Also, did you take Iron Reflexes on the skill tree?

Linking your passive tree will really help, please consider to do so!
IGN:
Standard: Draegleic, Avalanchius, Volcanicuus, Aegisdawn, Voidmyth.
Hardcore (Still Alive): Elementux, IWantDualStrike
Current Main (Scourge): TalesOfMight, 91 Ground Slam Chieften
I have already linked my skill tree in the first post. It's http://goo.gl/yZJ4L

You probably didn't see it because it's shortened. And I do have Iron Reflexes.
I'm now in lvl 65 and in Act 3. I was only able to beat Vaal by setting a teleport and every time I died, I'd return and make a new one. I died several times, most of them to the slam attack.

Now I have improved my chest so I'd like to know if there's anything that needs an upgrade:

Skill tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGjghYCftKLUppTIJNYY26DpSOrM62ECgQT9DnE3YUEdQUFHmVElWBFcNWGNZ81uvXz9gS2CIYSFhUnKpdO108Xrve4x8u3zZhO-GYIx2jM-QVZHOnaqeuZ7NogCnMKeEqWisqrQvuc253bvtwBrFisbY0iHUj9lh3Q3fv-dS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vg==
Last edited by Guilhao on Apr 23, 2013, 12:17:03 PM
Didn't read everything here but if you're playing as ground slammer, you really need to get a mace with better physical stats. Lightning damage isn't doing much for you in a completely non-elemental build. You need one with % physical, flat physical, and attack speed on it. I guess you're keeping yours because of the 5L, but it's going to be holding back your DPS by a lot compared with any decent mace. I mean, I have a 1h mace that does about twice as much damage as the thing you're using, and 2h weapons are much stronger still. That should give you an idea of how much DPS you're missing out on. Getting a better weapon should be #1 priority for gear upgrades.

Also, you have like 3 AOE attacks, ground slam, sweep, and leap attack. You might as well just focus on one and use your other sockets on helpful curses and/or auras. Since your ubild includes IR, you absolutely should be running grace (which is the whole point of taking IR for most marauders), but I don't see it in your gems anywhere. You can still keep leap slam for escape or quick transportation though.

As far as everything else, you have to look at your own stats and decide what it is you need improvement on. Max resists, get as much hp, armor, and damage as you possibly can, in that order.

edit: oh and in your passive tree, why did you opt to take 2 strength nodes up near the templar area instead of 2 extra armor nodes? Much more benefit from the armor than +10 strength.
Last edited by realatomicpanda on Apr 23, 2013, 12:45:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info