How do you make currency on console?

Yeah, I agree you can make raw currency with expedition and selling stacked decks. I have also had some success with essences and delve stuff.

I wish GGG would put some effort into the console market. Just enabling stash tab pricing would help, as a lot of gear would then be available that probably rots today. On PC, I have a bunch of dump tabs. I start at 1 div, then when it fills up move it down to 100c and start on another 1 div tab, when that fills up I move it all down by 1/2 again. Once it is 5c I vendor it. If everyone could do that on console a lot more good rares would be on the market. I am happy to dump tab stuff, but no way am I going to try and price quad tabs of rares when most will not sell. It would also be huge if they would at least combine Xbox and PS marketplaces. I hope they do that for POE2.

I wish some content creator would do a good analysis video on what sells on the console. There are tons of great market analysis videos for the PC breaking down different strategies and how much they make per hour, but console market is just so different I am not sure they are even close to relevant. For example, I considered speccing into Harby some this league on console, but when I looked there were literally only TWO total fracturing orbs available on PS. Does that mean it is a great market because low availability, or is no one doing high-level fractures so it is not worth selling them? No clue, and hate to waste my time farming them if they are not selling.
I just farm Abyss and it works great!
Alan Leonardo Piovesan
Thanks for picking up the thread again. Been some discussion about this topic on a console related discord, but I'm none the wiser tbh. The very skilled and knowledgeable people seem to live in a different world than the rest of us when it comes to this. To me, it hasn't been easy making currency this league, despite getting some really nice drops. Stuff refuses to sell, there is so little activity and it's really disheartening :(

"
Deaden wrote:

I wish some content creator would do a good analysis video on what sells on the console. There are tons of great market analysis videos for the PC breaking down different strategies and how much they make per hour, but console market is just so different I am not sure they are even close to relevant. For example, I considered speccing into Harby some this league on console, but when I looked there were literally only TWO total fracturing orbs available on PS. Does that mean it is a great market because low availability, or is no one doing high-level fractures so it is not worth selling them? No clue, and hate to waste my time farming them if they are not selling.

Excellent suggestion! Something like this would have been wonderful for the console community. Wish some of the YT people would pick up the idea. Almost 100% of the focus is on PC.
I won't get into flipping strategies on console other than people here are looking for a quick sale and will undercut the lowest price on there, just be ready to scoop up the deals when you see them from impatient folk.

Other than that, stuff that drops that sells for me, check the current meta, this league is LA. Spec for expedition, gamble with Rog for items that people need while playing the meta. This league it's bows. 3 elements at T2, extra arrow bow is $$. Quivers with crit/crit multi, res and life.

Do this every league, just focus Rog to make and sell items to all the people playing the build everyone is playing.

Fuses always sell well on console since everyone here uses bench craft to 6 link and will make you money if you have a way to flip other currency into fuses, or flip fuses other people are selling for cheap, or flip jewelers into fuses etc..

Stacked Decks like everyone else is saying. I personally look at my stacks since I get lucky a few times a league.

Scarabs sell well 10 at a time.

Eldritch/Searing essences sell well.

Logbooks sell, (not Gwennen). Reroll currency for expedition sells (again not Gwennen).

Catalysts sell well, but only the uncommon. Blight oils sell well, but only the rare ones.

Every league you can get a leg up early by finding the current meta out on PC before league starts here, buy the chest from someone cheap whatever it is, like Hyrri's this league, Lioneye's suring SST league back in the day, invest in 6 linking it, sell it for $$.

The problems are pretty big here, like searching for clusters, finding good fracture bases and such, rare market is just pure nonsense trying to sort through compared to PC, we all know the frustrations and the problems. But on the plus side, and it's a big plus, I don't have to message 100 people to get no reply if the league is two weeks old hah. Worth it every time!

As a"dad gamer" who did the mageblood grind multiple times:

You need to find a league mechanic you like AND your current character can do well. Because if you want to go anywhere in PoE you need run the content super juiced, super fast or both.

For Hideout warrior strategies I suggest rolling sextants. You just get the atlas passive for +1 use and keep rolling. (dont forget to block out unwanted rolls on 3 voidstones and keep rolling on the fourth) Warning: It is boring, demands knowledge of what is used and IS NOT insta profit as the Ps5 community is small and so you will wait for trades to happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info