eliminated items ?

will any items be eliminated from POE 2 ? specifically orb of fusing and jeweller's orbs ?
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2023, 5:16:56 PM
i think oni goroshi wont be in poe 2?

edit- if you play the current campaign then you can still get it maybe
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jun 20, 2023, 6:43:30 AM
They have indicated that there will be a fusings to jewelers conversion.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
As of ExileCon the First back in 2019, Fusings will be converted into Jeweller's Orbs at a TBD rate when the game is updated to Path of Exile 2. This information is now four years old, the plan could well have changed since then, but with the information available to us it doesn't make sense for Orbs of Fusing to exist in PoE2.

Jeweller's will still exist, and are the method by which you can roll skill gems to try and get more sockets. Sockets in skill gems in PoE2 will be intrinsically linked; the game will probably stop talking about 6Ls and start talking about 5S skill gems - your skill can have up to five additional sockets as opposed to gear having six linked sockets.

As for other items that will be purged/drop-disabled in Path of Exile 2? Nobody has a clue. They hard committed to retaining as much depth of play in the skill system as is utterly possible, but some gems may be replaced with PoE2-compliant versions within the new 'Meta Gem' framework. Some items may be drop-disabled because they just fundamentally don't play nice with the new system, while hordes of uniques are going to be heavily redesigned. And heck - there may be entirely unannounced system changes that make it necessary to drop/convert/purge certain items.

It's gonna be one hell of a rodeo. Dead gods, I'm looking forward to it.
Fortunes will be made and lost with this update. Imagine mirrors going legacy ...
"
Faendris wrote:
Fortunes will be made and lost with this update. Imagine mirrors going legacy ...

doesnt even matter to me

ive played over 20k hours in this game, with a dozen lv100s. in ssf so i didnt even cheese the leveling.. i have never seen a mirror. ever
i don't see them remove fusings.

the issue that moving gem sockets to skill gems fixes, is, that having sockets on gear is making progression more difficult, especially for folks using 2h weapons.

rolling and linking sockets on gems is making more sense than killing those progression steps.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

the issue that moving gem sockets to skill gems fixes, is, that having sockets on gear is making progression more difficult, especially for folks using 2h weapons.

rolling and linking sockets on gems is making more sense than killing those progression steps.

Jonathan stated that they will remove fusings since they will have no function anymore with the new gem-system. Skill gems roll sockets but all sockets are automatically linked.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Jonathan stated that they will remove fusings since they will have no function anymore with the new gem-system. Skill gems roll sockets but all sockets are automatically linked.

i know, but i'm pretty sure they're not implementing it.
making stuff simpler isn't ggg's way, getting sockets on your skill gems would likely include all the current clicking with jewelers and fusings together. :)

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
...one of Grinding Gear's senior devs specifically said there would be no need to Fusing skill gems because there's no real way they can add unlinked sockets to a skill gem. It's not like armor or weapons; the new system allows skill gems to occupy the same non-Newtonian physical space.

In this case they are indeed making it simpler, because they specifically want their skill system to be easier for new players to pick up and understand. You can check out the developer commentary from ExileCon the First to hear for yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info