Map Management Resource

"
grepman wrote:
70 maps are 3 chaos ? hmmm maybe I should buy some

More like 4 in my experience. At 3 they are a steal.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Might want to add to the opening post that Twinned prefix will indeed double the amount of bosses on maps where there are two by default, and that probably warrants a bonus star on maps like Bazaar. I found this out myself, but it would be nice to have this information in the guide.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
moozooh wrote:
Might want to add to the opening post that Twinned prefix will indeed double the amount of bosses on maps where there are two by default, and that probably warrants a bonus star on maps like Bazaar. I found this out myself, but it would be nice to have this information in the guide.

Making them twinned! - They ain't twins prior :O
Yeah, pretty much. :)

The wording on the mod is very confusing: "Area contains two Unique Bosses", whereas in cases like this it's four, not two. I think I'll report this in the other forum section.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
moozooh wrote:

I'll put it in the prefix section. I thought it would've been common sense but you're right.
Great guide! Thanks!
Hi, I've found this thread extremely helpful in my mapping. I have a map that i would like some opinion on, the question in hand is. 1:Is it exaltable? 2: Should i run it before or after exalting? 3:Should i sell it instead?

At this point, i'm a lvl 88 summoner and it's the only map above a 74maze that i have which i will link too, i had a bad string of maps earlier depleting my 72-75 pool for a while. My initial thought on the maze is to reroll due to not having Labyrinth roll. Note: I wouldnt be taking on the Vaal boss in the maze, hate that guy. Decided to just reroll the maze.

Here are the maps.

Note: this is on onslaught league. I realise the 76 could be dangerous with totems and minus resits but the quantity is nice and magic/rare mobs. It can still exalt a prefix possibly giving it more mob potential, from what i could see alot of bad modifiers are ruled out. Bandits is an awesome roll reducing a bit of difficulty here i think.
I've seen white 76 precinct maps in trade for around 80chaos the other day as a point of reference.
Anyways, would appreciate some feeback on it. Please don't spam me in game about, if i should decide to sell, i will open a thread to it at some point in the future and go from there.
Last edited by Roudy4 on Jul 16, 2013, 9:54:17 PM
"
Roudy4 wrote:

3 Prefix, 2 Suffix all of which are very good. You can still get "of Hordes" so I don't see why not especially if this is one of your only 76 maps. At worst case you'll see a 15% average quantity increase and that's always welcome.

Just be careful when you do it. You won't enjoy it when Lady Stormflay comes charging at you with -res ESPECIALLY if she's near crit & haste totems..
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 17, 2013, 3:32:32 AM
This guide is AWE-SOME. I'm new to maps (and new to PoE in general). I just started in the last month but i've been playing a ton. Hard to find anything like this post anywhere.

I sort of face rolled my way through a few maps until recently and noticed myself basicly just breaking even at best. I'm fairly good at trading currency (suck at trading items, but im learning) so that is funding me so far.

Just found my first few level 70 maps. Just popping in to say thanks really, have yet to get started in earnest.

One thing that is not mentioned that is probably just "grouping basics" that I dont know about, is , am I wanting to run these things with a full group? Am i screwing myself running these solo? Duo? Etc?
Its a touchy subject which I prefer not to discuss too much because grouping up does boil down to personal preference. Later on you benefit a lot from splitting the cost of crafting the map but then again, the budding solo entrepreneur will make a LOT from 77 maps.

But as far as it goes, you can comfortably solo anything up to 72 maps and be just fine. In fact, I solo 74's sometimes. You will want to group up for 75+

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info