Are there any oppertunities for further trailers?

Hi,

im kind of hyped with the new teaser trailers, but out of the loop regarding marketing events like summer game fest.

Are there any upcoming events, that may give us another teaser Trailer? :D
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2023, 10:15:59 AM
I would bet that there will be a few more before Exilecon.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
opper
We'll likely see a dry spell on new things for the next 38 days, then some more drip marketing just prior to Exile Con to hype for that.

Then upon Exile Con, we'll be flooded with new info, looking forward to it.
They may drop a few more minor teasers, but tbh i think they are keeping as much back for exile con as they can.(40 days to wait for that)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yes, keeps building up hype
Need to wait for PoE reddit to come back online - no point in dropping teasers when the main community hub is down.
"
Xyel wrote:
Need to wait for PoE reddit to come back online - no point in dropping teasers when the main community hub is down.

Nah they don't need Reddit for that. They most likely want to keep some trailers and content reveal for the exilecon after all, cause what would be the point of the exilecon if they drop all the trailers and everything out
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
I do believe that the mods for the path of exile subreddit have confirmed that /r/pathofexile is down for good unless something happens to sufficiently address their concerns. Right now the (likely correct) assumption is that the only way to address their concerns about the platform is to revert the course the platform has taken on the highest API call cost of any social platform on the internet.

The platform itself is hugely inefficient for api calls, basically each post is one api call, so if you are doomscrolling in the comment section each comment is one api call. That means that if you're reading a good meme thread on the path of exile subreddit and its got a few thousand comments its going to charge the third party platform about $0.48 cents if you read through the thread ( $0.24 for every 1,000 API calls).

Now the phone apps which people were using had a significantly better moderator interface and allowed you to drop into the moderator interface and then go back to whatever you were doing once you were doing, as well as streamlining your rote moderator duties. Since the subreddit needs moderated and each time you have to moderate something its a bunch of API calls because you have to load each thread and comment the costs can pile up pretty quickly, especially on larger subreddits. Pathofexile averages ~600 comments per day lately and every time you have to moderate something you have to load the thread, this can represent tens of thousands of API calls per day.

Reddit has said that some of the apps are "inefficient" with their API calls but the API enforces granularity of the call, its like trying to look at a desert but each grain of sand is an API call. This problem compounds quickly on larger and more active subreddits. This also effects other applications like undddit which was a web application to look at deleted comments.

In short, all the stuff that made reddit good for users, moderators, and businesses has effectively been destroyed and right now anybody with sense is either looking at salvaging or migrating or both.

Anyway, yea, back on topic for the thread I would also like additional trailers. I have a particular interest in the wander archetype, the one that uses wands to attack.

IGN : Reamus
"
Xyel wrote:

Do w?e, because i saw both recent trailers and didn't even browse reddit to come across them, youtube suggested both of them.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info