PoE2 Aggorat Teaser

First of all, URL: PoE2 Aggorat Teaser

Second of all: I know the Path of Exile forums are basically a festering cesspit of negative nancies, effusive haters, jaded turbovets, and generally any other sort of person who spends their entire day shitting on the game, the dev team, the playerbase, the genre, and in fact everything else even tangentially related to Path of Exile. Good discussions are impossible here and I hate it.

...but I have to try, because holy man-monkey banana dreamsicle Shatner lasers WHAT AM I LOOKING AT HERE.

This isn't any of the seven core character archetypes. This guy looks like a Maraketh warrior monk, except Maraketh warriors are always women. And even then, look at the skillset the guy is using. Crazy wuxia kung-fu staffbending shit straight out of anime - wind blasts, a retreating ice blast, lightning lashes, and what looks like a charge-discharge mechanic where other Wuxia Staff attacks can inflict a mark on enemies that the Kung Fu Man can use to exploding-gutpunch enemies in blue flames. There was interconnect between skills in a way Path of Exile almost never does, and the animations of each of the different skills was incredible.

I am honestly more than slightly worried this is a sequence where we temporarily control an NPC, and that would be dog piss because it goes against everything Path of Exile is about...but fuck if I can figure out what I'm seeing otherwise. Is this some sort of permanent transformation, the oft-supposed "Ascendancy Character Changes" thing? Is this some sort of fancy MTX that lets you change the core look/voice pack of a character? Or is this a brand new redux of one of the original seven archetypes, perhaps a new 'Duelist' that isn't a poncy puffed-up ego case?

Whatever it is, I'm absolutely here for it. Y'know, unless it's a control-an-NPC sequence in which case I will be very disappointed, but I don't think that's very likely at all. What do you guys figure? Is this an exotic new build archetype we get to play with? Who's ready to kung fu the hell out of Wraeclast?
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2023, 9:14:29 AM
"
1453R wrote:
First of all, URL: PoE2 Aggorat Teaser

Second of all: I know the Path of Exile forums are basically a festering cesspit of negative nancies, effusive haters, jaded turbovets, and generally any other sort of person who spends their entire day shitting on the game, the dev team, the playerbase, the genre, and in fact everything else even tangentially related to Path of Exile. Good discussions are impossible here and I hate it.

Maybe in the past it was like that sometimes but lately it hasn't been that for a while now, You got your nay sayers but there's a lot of great discussions being had in the feedback forum all the time though often given the complexity of the game people end up on opposite sides of issues and that can be hard to overcome, It won't change no matter where you post.
Innocence forgives you
Well, mtx can make you look like anything.

I'm sure that video is a combo of: new base character sprites, new armors, new mtx, and new skills. Why would they make a trailer video and showcase OLD content?

As for skill blending, you actually CAN play PoE 1 exactly that way if you want to...it's just incredibly inefficient. What you see on the screen is what happens if you AREN'T bombarded with hordes of monsters all at once, that either die in 1 hit or kill you in 1 hit.

It actually looks eerily similar to trailers for PoE 1 in that regard...just watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en8no_jEfAQ

How much of that is still around today? It's a totally different game...
I have a negative opinion until details come out because of their record.

Also they are pushing all the changes until release and not adjusting things over time. I don't think they can handle so many changes at once.

Engine looks nice though.
"
1453R wrote:
This isn't any of the seven core character archetypes. This guy looks like a Maraketh warrior monk, except Maraketh warriors are always women. And even then, look at the skillset the guy is using. Crazy wuxia kung-fu staffbending shit straight out of anime - wind blasts, a retreating ice blast, lightning lashes, and what looks like a charge-discharge mechanic where other Wuxia Staff attacks can inflict a mark on enemies that the Kung Fu Man can use to exploding-gutpunch enemies in blue flames. There was interconnect between skills in a way Path of Exile almost never does, and the animations of each of the different skills was incredible.

I am honestly more than slightly worried this is a sequence where we temporarily control an NPC...

I would share your worry here, but I actually think this may be the new Marauder model. If you look at the old, early PoE 2 reveal trailer where all the characters are being hanged; sure, it's dark, but the Marauder does seem a lot less "buff", and the hair can look similar. But the voice choice seems a little bit weird if that's the case.

The mechanics here are just based on the new spear weapon type showcased before. I wouldn't necessarily base the character based on the type of weapon used.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 11, 2023, 9:10:03 PM
Dunno if I am a jaded turbovet but I kinda want to be. What does it mean?

Btw gut experience with years of GGG video marketing tells me they would never showcase an npc's character model or moveset. Whatever this is, it is very likely playable.
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jun 11, 2023, 9:44:28 PM
I'd be pretty sure that character was a Templar... 'Cept, of course, pants. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Reminds me of old Shaolin movies
Hmmm, so either Marauder got off the steroids, the duelist has bulked up, or we've got a new exile. Personally, I think this is the new duelist.

The dodge roll is here and it's likely a core mechanic, so time to dust off the spacebar.

Now, there's a high variety of skills used, and I'm starting to get the feeling we're getting cooldowns.

My line of reasoning is that the main change in PoE is not having links in gear anymore, but in gems. Since any gem can be 6-linked now, the way builds are made will likely fundamentally change. Right now, a typical build runs 1 - 2 skills, and everything else is dedicated to defense or to making those skills do more damage.

That would completely ignore the link change, and I don't think GGG likes that. In fact, GGG seems to follow the line of thinking of more buttons to press = more goodness as it has slowly made triggers less and less efficient/more expensive to use by outright nerfing them, having procs cost mana, and nerfing CoH rings.

The way for more buttons to be purposeful to press, there's either the current melee path (a ton of buffs and debuffs), or the way of introducing more powerful skills with a cooldown.

There even already are a couple of pseudo-cooldown mechanics, namely unleash and the frozen legion skill gem.

So, I think the various skill spam isn't just a misleading showcase, but an actual preview of how the game will play - a lot more like Lost Ark.
or overwatch, with various primary, secondary, and ultimates each with its own cooldown and/or turbo meter

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info