Soul Eater mod should be removed

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
^nah you sorta missed my point. It was IMPOSSIBLE to zoom zoom without HH back in the day. HH was the CAUSE of everything else being balanced around zooming. There were fun, explosive mechanics that did a lot of damage (pre-nerf CoCS builds) but they never allowed you to MOVE as fast as HH or tank as much as HH or deal as much damage as HH. The item itself made every possible mechanic in the game utterly meaningless.

The gameplay of 1.0, and even much of 2.0 was significantly slower....unless you had HH. There were no other items or mechanics like it that allowed you to massively boost your speed for quite a long time. But because HH existed, there was always that top end which dictated the possibilities of everything else. Item buffs and power buffs and speed buffs were all released as a way to narrow the gap between HH and everything else. Even if the devs have never explicitly said that, it is clearly the way the game was developed.

Please tell me you try to be sarcastic here.
I approve this request
What exactly, in simple terms, does Soul Eater do? I keep reading about how dangerous monsters are that have it, but I don't usually have any issues with them.

I tried to read the Wiki but it was mainly about Soul Eater for players and I was lost after a couple sentences.
"
Maliselda wrote:
What exactly, in simple terms, does Soul Eater do? I keep reading about how dangerous monsters are that have it, but I don't usually have any issues with them.

I tried to read the Wiki but it was mainly about Soul Eater for players and I was lost after a couple sentences.

Each monster that dies within range of a soul eater gives it a stack of soul-eater which increases its attack/cast speeds a lot after a decent number of stacks.

Its very problematic if allowed to feed for too long when it has good defenses against you and ESPECIALLY any kind of passive leech.

Many builds can just pop them early but if your dps is a bit low it can suck really bad.

If you encounter one that was allowed to get too strong i highly recommend you just leave it behind.

Edit: after some reading i guess non-players also get phys damage reduction and some res per stack as well but i'm not 100% on that.. If true it just makes it all the more important to take them out first thing.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jun 12, 2023, 8:11:28 PM
Thanks SilentSymphony.

To be clear the monster has to die near the Soul Eater to build the stacks. Corpses don't add to it?

May the reason I usually don't have an issue is my charcter relies heavily on kiting, so I'm not killing a lot of stuff all at one spot?

Good to know know what to look out for.
+1

I'm avoiding rituals and breaches because of this.

I even like the idea of soul eater, but it should gain WAAAAY less bonus stats and have a cap ffs...

* Something like 1% AS, 1% DMG and 0.5% DR per mob would already be nice

* Or cap the speed and dmg at 50% DR capped at 20%

* Or even better, make them rewarding to kill and don't spawn them in cluster**** mechanics like breach ritual etc.

Could even make an exception for expedition and have a warning in excavation chests "Spawns a rare enemy with Soul Eater modifier"

But yeah... some rare mobs this league are really annoying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info