Soul Eater mod should be removed

When you see a monster randomly moving with a terrible graphical glitch, it is a bug from a mod called soul eater. Skip it and run away from it. It will instantly kill you. This mod is graphically and mechanically terrible and should be removed.
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2023, 8:32:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
My headhunter want's to have a word with you.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
My headhunter want's to have a word with you.

Headhunter can get bent. :P

More seriously, they should add a new mod to it that gives it a small percent chance to cause soul eater for 60 seconds whenever you kill a rare mob, refreshing the duration if its already active. The percent chance to proc would be based off the average number of soul eater mobs that spawn. That way, we can delete soul eater as a monster mod.

After that, they should remove molten balls, heralding minions, and toxin balls, or at least give them an audio stinger that plays over every other sound effect like the old Nemesis volatile blood.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
also if you want soul eater just use the belt designed to give soul eater. HH and Mageblood can get deleted for all I care. Base game is terrible balance wise.
HH, the quintessential PoE item, is what ultimately ruined the game balance forever.

It should have never been released into the game.

Pretty much the entire reason why the zoom zoom playstyle dominated the game and set its course for the entire lifetime of PoE is because HH existed. A single item had a stranglehold on the entire development process of the game. And it still does.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 8, 2023, 8:18:19 AM
They just need to make soul eaters spawn monsters occasionally and have a rate limit on how fast they can consume souls so they don't become out of hand if not instantly killed.
not removed but having a duration like HH buff.. 30-45 seconds top.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
HH, the quintessential PoE item, is what ultimately ruined the game balance forever.

It should have never been released into the game.

Pretty much the entire reason why the zoom zoom playstyle dominated the game and set its course for the entire lifetime of PoE is because HH existed. A single item had a stranglehold on the entire development process of the game. And it still does.

You can even zoom zoom without a HH or MB.
The overall ever growing player power with every league ruined the balance some with the current weak endgame.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
^nah you sorta missed my point. It was IMPOSSIBLE to zoom zoom without HH back in the day. HH was the CAUSE of everything else being balanced around zooming. There were fun, explosive mechanics that did a lot of damage (pre-nerf CoCS builds) but they never allowed you to MOVE as fast as HH or tank as much as HH or deal as much damage as HH. The item itself made every possible mechanic in the game utterly meaningless.

The gameplay of 1.0, and even much of 2.0 was significantly slower....unless you had HH. There were no other items or mechanics like it that allowed you to massively boost your speed for quite a long time. But because HH existed, there was always that top end which dictated the possibilities of everything else. Item buffs and power buffs and speed buffs were all released as a way to narrow the gap between HH and everything else. Even if the devs have never explicitly said that, it is clearly the way the game was developed.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 9, 2023, 8:18:28 AM
Smash the stupendous stinker to smithereens! Satisfying!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info