Graphical advancements with POE2?

I don't think this game needs ray-tracing. They use photogrammetry and baked-in pre-rendered lighting on the environments which is much more efficient. The only downside is when you move pre-rendered objects, the lighting doesn't update like ray-tracing would, but for most of the environment, the terrain doesn't move anyway.
if i turn on global illumination i lower my hideout fps by like 100 this game is already very difficult to run with current graphics they're gonna lose a lot of players when poe2 releases and the hype dies down
PoE1 kinda have this feature call Dynamic Resolution so ... possibly the prototype of PoE2 engine? We can only wish for now ..
My YOUTUBE Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7SYVrfQWKi0NJiAJJMusg
"
VironLaw wrote:
PoE1 kinda have this feature call Dynamic Resolution so ... possibly the prototype of PoE2 engine? We can only wish for now ..

dynamic resolution is nothing like dlss or fsr it just destroys image quality while dlss actually may improve it in some scenarios
One of the things I have always admired about POE is that quite a few people do play it on absolute potato pc's. Graphical advancements are nice but if 90% of the players have to turn the advancement off to get playable frames then its easily not worth the time invested.
Going to need a new GPU for this. I am still sitting on Evga 980GTX Clocked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info