Graphical advancements with POE2?

Seeing D4 supporting DLSS/FSR and ray tracing, can we guess GGG will give us the same coming with POE2? I personnaly hope so, how about you guys?
Last bumped on Jun 15, 2023, 9:47:32 AM
From the trailers it does look like the engine is improved considerably. I'm just really hoping for a top notch opening cinematic and one where you complete the campaign. (Always been a sucker for a good cinematic)
It's not just the engine.
I thought that Blizzard North was working remote for them.
Couldn't really care less about Ray Tracing, but DLSS should probably be standard in most games these days. It can't really be understated how powerful and innovative DLSS is.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
D4 will not have ray tracing (you need 20Tf to even make it viable on an open platform like the PC).

Unless the consoles get it; really upsetting the large number of PC owners who can't compare to them surviving on Ryvita and 1050Ti's.

That would be me then.
"
ray tracing

when you turn on the global illumination , it is already similar thing
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
didira wrote:
D4 will not have ray tracing

Blizzard already confirmed ray tracing is a feature coming.

Not that its actually going to make all that much value on a top down game.
That 'ray tracing' that game developers keep saying is ray tracing-
that's not ray tracing.

You'll know a ray traced game or whatever version of it they use in a few years.

You need a petaflop to do it in 4k if you were to translate the entire ray tracing method to something like World of Warcraft.

We're getting close though.
'Real' ray tracing on an average PC would be like NASA landing on Mars using a bar of soap and a blocked toilet.
poe runs heavy on the cpu already.
with 16x the detail in poe2 vs poe and whatever else, fsr2 and dlss may happen.
ray tracing isnt likely due to it would require hardware at absolut top end.
"
skjutengris wrote:
poe runs heavy on the cpu already.
with 16x the detail in poe2 vs poe and whatever else, fsr2 and dlss may happen.
ray tracing isnt likely due to it would require hardware at absolut top end.

It doesn't run heavy on the cpu. It really isn'it doing that (we've 30 Gigaflop cores for starters). Which means GGG's programmers know but they don't want to rile Microsoft by bringing it up ("Excuse me, Microsoft, yeah, sorry about this- could you turn off all that shit going on in the background; we are an important contributor to gaming").
I don't think so.

The problem is Windows 10 (no idea about 11) being totally stupid with your cores when running a game and constantly interrupting it with at least a hundred processes you can't switch off (but it's resolved by setting just two core affinities and disabling whatever form of 'threaded optimization' is there in the GPU driver).

And game mode makes it worse- which, as you know, is hilarious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info