Very endgame crafting is an utter nonsense

"
Cyzax wrote:
GGG has specifically been reducing deterministic crafting, and for good reasons too... The problem is of.c. that deterministic crafting help make the power difference between the haves and the have-nots too big.

That's how they want for it to work, when in fact it's the literal opposite. No lifers will always get min-maxed, raising the roof will never have an effect on them.

Meanwhile, raising the roof has a compound effect on everyone else, as if everything is hard to craft, everything is more expensive and people that can't play as a job can't keep up.

GGG never learned how to actually balance the game, so the only way they know how is to make gear harder to craft.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Fnts7 wrote:
This is nonsense. Please add more deterministic crafting methods.

GGG has specifically been reducing deterministic crafting, and for good reasons too... The problem is of.c. that deterministic crafting help make the power difference between the haves and the have-nots too big.

Its the opposite which is why GGG do it, its a tight control on power for the "average" player. Leagues with deterministic crafting shrink that gap because non-deterministic crafting is extremely expensive.
If you put in all that effort to end up with nothing, is it still crafting?

*coughiknowwherethedooris*

Did you try turning it off and on again?
It would be easier to rename Crafting to Gambling I think.
"
Z3RoNightMare wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:

That's how they want for it to work, when in fact it's the literal opposite. No lifers will always get min-maxed, raising the roof will never have an effect on them.

Meanwhile, raising the roof has a compound effect on everyone else, as if everything is hard to craft, everything is more expensive and people that can't play as a job can't keep up.

GGG never learned how to actually balance the game, so the only way they know how is to make gear harder to craft.

The restrictions are not designed for the top-end players. They're designed to limit the average power levels of items.

It doesn't matter for game balance that a few top players has OP items, but it does matter what the average power levels of items are.

And, it is not hard to craft 'good-enough' items... It is hard to craft high-end items! That is how it should be.

I did these this league. Nothing exciting, but 'good-enough'...
There are so many different "tastes" when it comes to how crafting (gamble-craft) should be implemented....

I for one think that the best rare items should only be dropped by mobs and not be craftable. But that would require a massive rework of what drops, how often it drops and what tiers of mods it can have, etc....

I sometimes think T1 mods should only be on drops but drops should be as rare as in ruthless, but with much, much better mod pool to make each drop really exciting. But I'm not sure if that would actually be as good as I imagine it :P
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 6, 2023, 4:58:23 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
The restrictions are not designed for the top-end players. They're designed to limit the average power levels of items.

It doesn't matter for game balance that a few top players has OP items, but it does matter what the average power levels of items are.

Ah, so you're agreeing that they will never know how to actually balance their game, so they shouldn't even bother. Good to know.
Balancing the game for people who use hundreds of divines for every item is a bit unfair when there is no easy way for casual players to ever see that amount. I am not in game enough to sell items because there is no auction house. I will likely need to wait another year before I see the 2 divines I need to make another attempt at crafting my end game sword. One shot a year with a chance at bricking an item you are 3 years into crafting kind of sucks.

I have never seem more currency drop than in the last few months but it is still not enough to make crafting anything close to fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info