Very endgame crafting is an utter nonsense

So what do I mean here? Suppose you have already powerful, well min-maxed build. And you're looking for some improvement. The only possibility is to get perfect or almost perfect items, shift mods around a bit etc. So when you can't buy an item, because it is then usually much too customized for your build, you need to craft.

And that concerns crucible trees. So I have a weapon with very good 4-node tree. In order to improve it, I need great, possibly 5-node tree. And I have almost no room for changing mods, as then I would need to change my other gear. They have to be almost the same mods plus one more and the existing ones possibly better, but overall the crucible tree must give me the same mods on all nodes.

So I used like 4 weapon pairs of which one had nodes 1,2,3 allocated and the other had nodes 4,5 which position was in sync with the first weapon, but nothing allocated. Then I bought remnats for like 5-7 div one with mod "more likely to retain passives" and no other garbage prefixes.

3 out of 4 tries, 2 out of 5 skills mutated or 1,2,3 were selected from the unallocated ones! In 1 try only, 1 skill mutated. So this is what you call more likely? This is a joke. Why did I pay 6div for a better forge if there is still negligible chance to get a proper outcome. Ok I would understand if most of the time I had 1 out of 5 skills miss. But 2? This shows the probability of making fitting 5-mod tree is so little, that there is even no point trying.

I was also doing some other items crafting - like needed a ring with particular 5 mods, out of which they should be as close to 5xt1 as possible, maybe two could be t2 and 6th crafted, also no sucess.

So I spend like 2-3days, over 60 divs probably and I'm in the point where I started, having literally nothing. This is nonsense. Please add more deterministic crafting methods. Maybe more expensive, but sth that would allow you to progress withyour gear at that point. Because if you're playing your own build, you cannot use mirror service to get some perfect item and that would be deterministic.
Last edited by Fnts7 on Jun 5, 2023, 4:16:11 AM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2023, 11:55:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Fnts7 wrote:
This is nonsense. Please add more deterministic crafting methods.

GGG has specifically been reducing deterministic crafting, and for good reasons too... The problem is of.c. that deterministic crafting help make the power difference between the haves and the have-nots too big.

So no, it is not nonsense. It might look like it from your personal point of view, but not when seen from a game design point of view. It actually make a lot of sense.
"
Fnts7 wrote:

3 out of 4 tries, 2 out of 5 skills mutated or 1,2,3 were selected from the unallocated ones! In 1 try only, 1 skill mutated. So this is what you call more likely?

I have pretty much given up trying to get even a half-decent tree on my weapon. Almost every time I go to a forge, something bad happens. Allocated nodes are replaced with shit unallocated ones, in both directions. Just yet another slot machine with terrible odds.

What the game needs isn't less deterministic crafting, but MORE. That way crafting isn't just an option for the filthy rich 0.1% of the player base, but the so-called casuals too.
Briefly watched a guy blow through like 40 mirrors of currency in trying to make a mirror bow.

Big project, no payoff. Not an item I am interested in. For all I know he is doing it wrong.

The system does need to change, but how does GGG accommodate this guy and someone like myself who basically doesn't craft at all without determinism?

They put themselves in a bad spot with this terrible system and it needs an overhaul.

Putting crucible rng on top of the other systems was a stupid decision. Crucible for like 90% of the playerbase was giant nerfs and like 10% attack speed and 6 fire damage because they couldn't be bothered to deal with it.
"
Fnts7 wrote:
I was also doing some other items crafting - like needed a ring with particular 5 mods, out of which they should be as close to 5xt1 as possible, maybe two could be t2 and 6th crafted, also no sucess.

What were you trying to craft?
"
Cyzax wrote:
The problem is of.c. that deterministic crafting help make the power difference between the haves and the have-nots too big.

No it doesn't, they literally nerfed Harvest from its release state because it made the gap between the haves and the have-nots too small. The top 10% complained that they didn't feel that their perfectly crafted gear was as much of a brag anymore because more people could access it, plus everyone stopped using the non-deterministic crafting and just used harvest for everything so they gutted the deterministic crafting Harvest had to pander to the complaints from the top 10% and to "bring back closing your eyes and burning an Exalt, not knowing if you were about to ruin your gear".

That was good for a laugh though. XD
Gave up on crafting, except for the crafting bench, entirely.

Burned through too many good chaos orbs just getting utter nonsense items.
they HATE anything that is determinalistic overtime it gets dulled until it's garbage (look at harvest mods, restrictions and prices)

I'm surprised they havent went for the hot thing for the past couple leagues.. aka essence "crafting" it's like "alt crafting" spamming 3-6k+ for a mod that has 0.0XX% chance to get according to craft of exile or the orb of conflict "system"

for everything else you can always go "deep" crafting and rollback your item if it fails..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
You know what they should do that would really drive the point home on how horrible of an idea intensely RNG crafting really is? Remove trading altogether for an entire league. Then when everyone complains how stupid it is that crafting has become literally completely impossible without trading they will realize that this imaginary choice of "crafting vs trading" isn't real because crafting REQUIRES trading to ever have any chance at all of getting remotely close to the results you want.

Literally zero people farm every single item they use to craft with. People who do high-end crafting BUY heaps of crafting currencies in bulk because nobody will ever see 1000+ exalt drops or hundreds and hundreds of 4-slot resonator drops in the span of a single league. Crafting (for high-end gear) IS trading and to suggest otherwise is asinine.
"
Blortad wrote:
You know what they should do that would really drive the point home on how horrible of an idea intensely RNG crafting really is? Remove trading altogether for an entire league..

Ok but SSF is also disabled for that patch.

lets go
Innocence forgives you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info