top 5 worst leagues in poe history

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
a lot of dislike for synthesis, Does anyone dislike it for its actual primary mechanic or was the building of paths too much?

It broke my heart to see it go when it was one of the best patches for us in a long time, it ate items and that included high-end ones, it was an economy cleanser.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the micromanagement of the synthesis map with a tiny storage of tetris pieces that you couldn't rotate was extremely aggravating. That is one of the few leagues I pulled the plug early on.

Thx for the info, if so many people dislike it i guess it cant be helped huh.
Innocence forgives you
"
a lot of dislike for synthesis, Does anyone dislike it for its actual primary mechanic or was the building of paths too much?

It broke my heart to see it go when it was one of the best patches for us in a long time, it ate items and that included high-end ones, it was an economy cleanser.

Paths were clunky, too many unique pieces, couldn't rotate pieces, setup was convoluted were the problems with the initial phase.

The fact you got kicked out immediately if you guessed the wrong doorway was a pretty big dealbuster for many players too, the blue ooze in general was pretty badly setup. The zones also should have been connected in bigger groups IMO (though might have been a tough technical limitation).

Then finally synthesis items had massive potential but needed to be datamined before anybody could make any sense out of it and it quickly distilled into leaving 99% of them on the ground rather than crafting cool unique items as was probably intended.

It really was a great idea though, they should have fixed it and re-released it tbh with the right QoL it would have been a masterstroke of a league. That being said GGG have a very poor record with reworks as I suspect we'll find out when Ultimatum reappears lmao
I heavily disliked Synthesis for the tetris building outside of maps (I really really dislike most out of map combat leagues) and for the spreadsheet needed for synth crafting. I will say that Synth has some of my favorite mob types ever put in the game though. Fantastic.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"

Paths were clunky, too many unique pieces, couldn't rotate pieces, setup was convoluted were the problems with the initial phase.

The fact you got kicked out immediately if you guessed the wrong doorway was a pretty big dealbuster for many players too, the blue ooze in general was pretty badly setup. The zones also should have been connected in bigger groups IMO (though might have been a tough technical limitation).

Then finally synthesis items had massive potential but needed to be datamined before anybody could make any sense out of it and it quickly distilled into leaving 99% of them on the ground rather than crafting cool unique items as was probably intended.

It really was a great idea though, they should have fixed it and re-released it tbh with the right QoL it would have been a masterstroke of a league. That being said GGG have a very poor record with reworks as I suspect we'll find out when Ultimatum reappears lmao

Agree, Never liked building the pathways all i wanted was to put some stuff in the synthesis device.
Innocence forgives you
While I can't speak to synthesis league itself I really must say I like the items in the current meta. You choose between fractured bases which are easier to craft, powerful influence mods, specific additional, potentially very powerful and highly customizable implicits via synth items or customizable and more available implicits via eldritch currency.

They are a very nice tool for further progress in the endgame.
I agree Vennto though with the caveat that I think far far too much is tied behind specific Einhar beasts, if it was generally accessible to regular players rather than a few siphoning said beasts I'd say this is the best item balance they've managed by far.

I mean it still is anyway tbh, I quite often frown looking at a slot trying to decide what type of item goes in it and thats a good thing.
If you think about the mot recent dozen or so leagues as testing for POE2 content, then even the bad leagues are better. As player we have been the testers and suffered through GGG's attempt to mask potential POE content in a new league format. Scourge and Crucible seem connected. New league content has to such that it makes some sense to players but what we experience in each league may not be what GGG is testing for POE2. It would be interesting to know what aspects of each of the last 2+ years of leagues we'll find in POE2.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
unironically i liked synthesis even tho everyone and their grandma think its shit

the synthesis music alone put that league in the top 5
Worst
#1 necropolis
#2 kalandra
#3 Archnemesis
#4 expedition
#5 harvest

Best
#1 affliction
#2 ancestor
#3 sanctum
#4 sentinel
#5 can't think of #5
1 - Blight - Bad mechanics, hideous nerves and gigantic stability problems

2 - Ultimatum - the moment when the "vision" took over the game is not worse than bligth because at least the crashes were smaller (not many but smaller)

3 - Archnemesis - It simply broke the game and became the worst thing in every league after it, AN ruined PoE

4 - Scourge - I don't think I need to justify myself here

5 - Lake of Kalandra - take what went wrong in AN, put in a mechanic that hinders the player for maybe a buff, add that to many nerfs and no drops..

5.1 - The Forbidden Sanctum (how to put a rough like inside an arp in order to ignore all the dynamics of your build and your defenses could have passed at the table of a group of gamer dsignes I will never know? worse is to put this and ultimatum back in core)

(dis)honorable mention - Synthesis, Talisman,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info