top 5 worst leagues in poe history

Archnemesis
Dont play the leagues anymore so cant say anything about the new ones.

Metamorph: expansion was good league wasnt

Essence: yes essences are goated league itself tho was lackluster at best

Garbinger: This might very well be my least favorite

Ultimatum: might not have been so bad but we already had run in tiny circle for 3 months.

Blight league: I don't mind it now on occasion but man that shit got old fast, plus portals were bugged most of the league and could spawn almost on top of the pump.

It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Jun 3, 2023, 9:49:32 AM
crucible

kalandra

the other leagues i played i actually enjoyed alot (started with abyss)
League mechanic only? Hmmm...

1) Harvest. RTS/garden building? Nah.
2) Crucible. I like what the league provides, but the mechanic itself? Nah.
3) Sanctum. The mechanic was just not for me, and it offered NOTHING to the rest of the game or the economy.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Worst:
Torment
Synthesis
Sanctum
Scourge
Harvest
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Crucible
Kalandra
Perandus
Beastiary
Synthesis

Honestly I'd put synthesis at #1 worst just because its getting towards their best idea for a league combined with their worst implementation/improvements made over its course. I find that kind of thing frustrating as wasted potential sucks.

In conventional terms its Crucible 100% though, awful playability, overtuned, worst league specific content and a mechanic almost entirely based on another (imprints) to actually get anything worthwhile out of. The only league they've ever made where I genuinely felt it was lazy (it probably wasn't sorry devs that worked hard on this)

Crucible has a good base patch at least which semi saved it.
I didn't start full time leagues until Prophecy, skipped Essence.

I did not like Synthesis, Ultimatum and LoK.

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
1. Crucible
2. Kalandra
3. Torment
4. Bestiary
5. Synthesis

Crucible has potential, but it was abandoned almost immediately. Kalandra had horrible balance, but it was also kind of cool. Torment added way too little and still hunts us. Bestiary was clunky, but ended up being good in later iterations (still has way too many pointless recipes). Synthesis was cool, had nice lore and interesting rewards, but it was just way too clunky.

- Archnemesis
- Blight
- Ultimato
- Synthesis
- Kalandra

(Since ArchNemesys is FAR the worst because what it brought destroyed all others and GGG continues to bet on this mistake)
Haven't even played 5 leagues to comment on this OP, but just wanted to throw out there that Sanctum was the least liked by me. I'm not very good at bullet-hell style steering and such, so the moment I watched the reveal I knew I wouldn't be indulging in this mechanic.

Lake of Kalandra was awesome for me personally (and I wish I could play it again with the knowledge that I have) but I can see the point that it was missed potential.

As for Crucible, it's pretty cool with the power weapons can reach when you take the time to combine and farm, but it takes quite a bit to get that.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info