Crucible Fan Art Competition Runners-Up

I believe they don't do it out of spite. I think it could be easily abused if every partisipant would get something. Its already alot of works for them to check, now imagine what flood of AI generated stuff would be caused if everyone who posted would get a mystery box. It would not only make it much harder to find not only a good work, but simply the one made by an actual person. It still could be solved, but would require GGG to put alot more effort into this. They can hardly balance their game, and now asking them to put more effort into art competitions? Give them a break ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Last edited by LoLipop2 on May 31, 2023, 3:23:50 AM
"
LoLipop2 wrote:
I believe they don't do it out of spite. I think it could be easily abused if every partisipant would get something. Its already alot of works for them to check, now imagine what flood of AI generated stuff would be caused if everyone who posted would get a mystery box. It would not only make it much harder to find not only a good work, but simply the one made by an actual person. It still could be solved, but would require GGG to put alot more effort into this. They can hardly balance their game, and now asking them to put more effort into art competitions? Give them a break ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Increasing the prize pool does not mean guaranteeing prizes to all participants.

about the AI generated work, it is enough to require intermediate stages of work.
my hideouts - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228515
GZZZZZ
"
moonretealoud wrote:
"
LoLipop2 wrote:
"
I no longer see the point in trying to enter competitions unless you are literally the best in the craft.

Man, this is... what contest is, isn't it?

I said earlier that it is a bit strange when only 100 participants appear out of 500k community, and 30 participants win something. It’s much easier for the jury, they don’t have to look through thousands of entries, but nevertheless, this is a very local event.

Personally, I imagine competitions not as a sport, but as a game at a fair(exhibition), where each participant, who has put in enough effort, at least feels the excitement of participation, and receives at least a consolation prize.

Here we are "tropicals in winter sports", extras for the top 30. And the question is, why hold a competition if you can just write down the names of the accounts of people who can draw perfectly, and just give them MTX once every half a year?

This is ridiculous, GGG literally has an endless supply of coins. They can afford to give out 1-2 mystery boxes at events guaranteed for 50,000+ participants who have reached lvl 50, but they cannot console those few (no more than a hundred people) who participated in the creative contest, which requires a little more efforts.

Good lord, I wish I could like this a thousand times! Completely agree. I am an artist myself and would love to enter these, but there is something about them that is just off for me. I can't put my finger on why exactly, even though I've thought about it for literally hundreds of hours.
Confront those who dare obstruct the transmission of your information with swift rejection, for they sit silently obsessing over your submission.
Last edited by mostbrilliant2 on May 31, 2023, 2:03:20 PM
Diablo IV launching HYPE, go watch all your OLD poe streamers hahaha
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
"
moonretealoud wrote:
Well, I'm not surprised. I no longer see the point in trying to enter competitions unless you are literally the best in the craft. Efforts and creativity are not encouraged by any mention, no weta pet, nothing. Successfully became a straw effigy, which everyone defeated.

We are waiting for the competition of hideouts, where my element will already be (but something tells me, and there I have no chance, for some unknown reason.

I think I personally would rather not even be mentioned (which happened) than be given a participation award. I work with vectors and most people don't like what I make. And probably I just simply suck at art. So I see it as a skill issue, rather than some bias, rules, policies, etc.

And, as much I trust a person saying that they did a lot of work, if I see a basically copy of Carbot style, it kinda feels... Not that creative?

I'd say that you can easily assume that arts that can win have to be of certain quality to be presented on the login screen of the game.

"
kuzka wrote:
"
moonretealoud wrote:
Well, I'm not surprised. I no longer see the point in trying to enter competitions unless you are literally the best in the craft. Efforts and creativity are not encouraged by any mention, no weta pet, nothing. Successfully became a straw effigy, which everyone defeated.

We are waiting for the competition of hideouts, where my element will already be (but something tells me, and there I have no chance, for some unknown reason.

I think I personally would rather not even be mentioned (which happened) than be given a participation award. I work with vectors and most people don't like what I make. And probably I just simply suck at art. So I see it as a skill issue, rather than some bias, rules, policies, etc.

And, as much I trust a person saying that they did a lot of work, if I see a basically copy of Carbot style, it kinda feels... Not that creative?

I'd say that you can easily assume that arts that can win have to be of certain quality to be presented on the login screen of the game.

Just because I didn't invent a new style of drawing doesn't mean I didn't do the rest of the work, like creating the idea and drawing itself. Considering that this was my first time drawing in this style, I am personally proud of myself and my result, because I don’t have 20 years of experience in drawing, I didn’t receive art education, and I didn’t follow the path of least resistance redrawing ready-made references (yes, I was inspired by simple drawing, but not means I didn't do anything).

"
moonretealoud wrote:

Just because I didn't invent a new style of drawing doesn't mean I didn't do the rest of the work, like creating the idea and drawing itself. Considering that this was my first time drawing in this style, I am personally proud of myself and my result, because I don’t have 20 years of experience in drawing, I didn’t receive art education, and I didn’t follow the path of least resistance redrawing ready-made references (yes, I was inspired by simple drawing, but not means I didn't do anything).

I didn't say you put no work into it. I said I trust people when they say they worked on something. But you were also talking about creativity, that's why I pointed out a specific resemblance of styles (which went beyond just "simple drawing style").

Also, if you say this is your first time with this style, you make it sound like you have a different one. Why not go with the one you know? If a decent artist decided to use their non-dominant hand, do you think the outcome would be valued just as much?

You're free to like and be proud of whatever you make. Nevertheless, to me it feels very alien, as I'm never satisfied with my own work and always see things I could improve on (no art education as well).

This is the reality of competition. The ones who are prepared the most, are the most likely to win or to be noticed. Would you say that a sports competition wasn't fair because some participants were professional athletes?

Ease down, in the end it's really not a big deal. We all put time into it. Learn from the outcome for the next time, if you decide to give it a shot.

"
kuzka wrote:
"
moonretealoud wrote:

I didn't say you put no work into it. I said I trust people when they say they worked on something. But you were also talking about creativity, that's why I pointed out a specific resemblance of styles (which went beyond just "simple drawing style").

Also, if you say this is your first time with this style, you make it sound like you have a different one. Why not go with the one you know? If a decent artist decided to use their non-dominant hand, do you think the outcome would be valued just as much?

You're free to like and be proud of whatever you make. Nevertheless, to me it feels very alien, as I'm never satisfied with my own work and always see things I could improve on (no art education as well).

This is the reality of competition. The ones who are prepared the most, are the most likely to win or to be noticed. Would you say that a sports competition wasn't fair because some participants were professional athletes?

Ease down, in the end it's really not a big deal. We all put time into it. Learn from the outcome for the next time, if you decide to give it a shot.

I'm not a professional artist = I don't have my main style. It makes no sense to reproach me for this, I am just an amateur, and have not developed my talent to a professional level.

And as for the victory, I do not demand to put me in the first place, and I do not shout that life is unfair. Only that the participants who did not get into the top 30 would have more pleasant memories from this competition, instead of annoyance and soul-searching "why was I unworthy?".
"
moonretealoud wrote:

I'm not a professional artist = I don't have my main style. It makes no sense to reproach me for this, I am just an amateur, and have not developed my talent to a professional level.

It also makes no sense for you to complain that much. This is all because for some time now people grew up expecting to always get something. You don't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info