Improve the map/minimap

nice ideas morbo, also very useful

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Nov 28, 2013, 5:31:13 PM
Tho, theres a better way for my second idea: just have character names appear besides the dot. This way when someone types some indications in chat, you can easily look where he is.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Tho, theres a better way for my second idea: just have character names appear besides the dot. This way when someone types some indications in chat, you can easily look where he is.

Assign numbers to group members.

Show said numbers on minimap above crosses.
I'l just repeat and add a few points/suggestions

Map optimization:
- Remove detail from the map and use straight lines.
- Give the floor a different colour so its easy to see where you can walk (to see how area's connect.
- Ping option for location.
- Give leader coulour tag or something to identify them.
- Remaining monsters show on map when less than 20 remain and entire map is revealed (maps only)
- Allow us to filter what is "shown" on mini map/map (uniques, currency, 5/6links, etc)

Gameplay optimization:
- For general gameplay just add a item filter, most whites we don't care about and makes gameplay clunky.
- Remove debree that you can;t walk through on maps, I use a cyclone build and this only makes desync occour more.
- Objects that do block your path make them destructible (tables, chairs, etc)
- Aura's can't be seen in water of mobs.
- Makes shrines better stand out, its hard to read what it does with so many mobs around it in the heat of chaos (give them unique colours) so we know what type of reflect it is.
- Item search in stash

Well those are a few of the top of my head :3
You don't need to keep bumping this. GGG has stated plenty of times that they are unhappy with the minimap as is and are working on ways to make it better.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
You don't need to keep bumping this. GGG has stated plenty of times that they are unhappy with the minimap as is and are working on ways to make it better.

I don't think so.

They wrote it more than half a year ago, and I believe nothing had been changed aside from map transparency.

More than a year had passed without any significant changes to the map, it is still a disgrace.

Plus, putting some basic features like player names or changing a party leader icon can be done in just one day, plus some time for testing. It was just never on the "to-do" list.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info