PSA: Names during ExileCon Qualifier Races

oh jeez, the pearl clutching is real. just rename him and everyone else has a chuckle and moves on. no need to be that dramatic making a news post.
Is naming your ranger Tittles derogatory or sexual ? I am confused...
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Iangyratu wrote:
Can anyone enlighten me what event led to this post being necessary...?

Life
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Exciting race.
"
Vintallac wrote:
So I read through 3 pages of posts and no one seems to know what had led to this PSA? C'mon! There must be someone who knows!

Perhaps, you should check out official Path of Exile VoD for second race qualifier at 50 minutes and 36 seconds mark or so...
Last edited by Ultimait on May 15, 2023, 12:39:37 PM
"
Iangyratu wrote:
Can anyone enlighten me what event led to this post being necessary...?

They probably too busy with update for league
IGN KotsaPL
"
Zuzanne wrote:

This. I see a lot of bigotry or hate speech in nicknames or even in hideouts that it worries me that it's technically not allowed, but still allowed and just swept under the rug. This post confirms that they generally allow this stuff but have to be more strict for the event due to optics. Why allow at all?

Are you reporting them? I doubt GGG has dedicated staff to hunting these names down. If you name your race character this, they don't exactly have to look for the names, and it's not good PR for a competitor in their promo event to have a name evocative of child abuse.
I have to admit I lol'd at the name. And I never would have tried to look it up if it wasnt for this post.

Irony
"
Ultimait wrote:
"
Vintallac wrote:
So I read through 3 pages of posts and no one seems to know what had led to this PSA? C'mon! There must be someone who knows!

Perhaps, you should check out official Path of Exile VoD for second race qualifier at 50 minutes and 36 seconds mark or so...

I'm so lost... I don't see anything wrong with the 4 names listed.
"
kevin51287 wrote:
"
Ultimait wrote:
"
Vintallac wrote:

I'm so lost... I don't see anything wrong with the 4 names listed.

The name that pops up for whoever is in first place. Just watch the screen for a few minutes. It was something along the lines of "licksomethingsomething". I forget the exact name.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info