PSA -- Simple fact update: Tencent don't own ~85% of GGG. They currently own 93.33%.

"
Networm13 wrote:

They also said 'there would be no nerf in XYZ league'.
The good faith between GGG and many players had vanished many moons ago.

Can you quote/source the first claim please?
"
innervation wrote:

Can you quote/source the first claim please?

I believe they are speaking about this gem:

"
While there are of course some small nerfs, 3.21 is most definitely not a nerf-fest.

From the very interesting "why there is no balance manifesto" post. It's seems obvious to me that was more not wanting to explain why there were so many nerfs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3359438

Also dont forgot the smooth "we kept the six best masteries" in the mastery rework, which is 100%, objectively, false.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 9, 2023, 12:40:06 PM
how does one keep the passion while owning less than 7% of a thing?
"
teksuoPOE wrote:

I own 0% of my job, but I remain passionate about it.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

"
While there are of course some small nerfs, 3.21 is most definitely not a nerf-fest.

And would you? Call 3.21 a "nerf-fest"? A patch where they doubled the damage of all projectile builds, even if we exclude the league mechanic? Nah. 3.15 was a "nerf-fest". I actually agree 100% with that quote: While 3.21 did have some nerfs (mostly small ones), it is FAR from a nerf-fest.

Your other quote? You're spot on. Probably one of the most [Removed by Me] things to ever come out of Chris' mouth, and is - in every way, shape or form a lie, or a severe lack of insight into the product he oversees and manages.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 9, 2023, 3:46:19 PM
dude really thought 3.21 is a nerf patch LOL it practically tripled most builds raw power if they're willing to put in the time or just trade it works too.

LMAO
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
teksuoPOE wrote:

I own 0% of my job, but I remain passionate about it.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

"

And would you? Call 3.21 a "nerf-fest"? A patch where they doubled the damage of all projectile builds, even if we exclude the league mechanic? Nah. 3.15 was a "nerf-fest". I actually agree 100% with that quote: While 3.21 did have some nerfs (mostly small ones), it is FAR from a nerf-fest.

Your other quote? You're spot on. Probably one of the most [Removed by Me] things to ever come out of Chris' mouth, and is - in every way, shape or form a lie, or a severe lack of insight into the product he oversees and manages.

Yes quite a bit of raw character power was nerfed. I don't know if we really want to go down that rabbit hole here or not, but it's documented on Reddit post launch if curious when this topic came up.

I personally don't believe that some untested borked crucible ES / Flat Damage SST passive builds, or the outrageously overlooked 600% totem damage builds, or a single amulet annoint that increases your projectile damage in a multiplicative fashion counts. If anything they were mistakes that wouldn't have normally made it into live if they were paying attention. You view that as a positive? I don't know Phrazz, but the three things I just mentioned as "raw" power upgrades were, imo, totally unintentional developer fuck ups in terms of balance.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I personally don't believe that some untested borked crucible ES / Flat Damage SST passive builds, or the outrageously overlooked 600% totem damage builds, or a single amulet annoint that increases your projectile damage in a multiplicative fashion counts. If anything they were mistakes that wouldn't have normally made it into live if they were paying attention. You view that as a positive? I don't know Phrazz, but the three things I just mentioned as "raw" power upgrades were, imo, totally unintentional developer fuck ups in terms of balance.

Why do you only mention the outliers, and not the general Crucible mods, which helps EVERY build?

Look, again, and listen carefully this time: There were nerfs, they said there would be. There was a league mechanic that buffs EVERY build. If it's temporary, time will show. But a "nerf-fest"? Really? You actually think so? OK. Again, we just have to agree to disagree.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
crucible nerfs don't outweigh how heavy handed the nerfs were. 99% of the nodes are worthless to me, a lot of them outright nerf characters.

And nothing from crucible is going to be permanent. So we just have nerf league after nerf league, with some tedious ass way to get more power than before. Drops have never been fixed after they removed the historic loot mod.

Game feels bad. They need to make progression smoother.

"
teksuoPOE wrote:

Prior to the Tencent sale, 3 employees owned 100% of the company so...nothing changed for the other 297 then, did it?
@Darthski:

Approaching satire? People who didn't play the league still belly-aching about reservation mastery removals without considering the more or less automatic 10-15% player power available on functionally any crucible tree(s) on your weapons.

I had +1 bow skills and local attack speed on a Quill Rain days into the league just slapping a tree on it. I turned a good 650 pDPS staff into what would have previously been a godly 800 pDPS staff again just with a single crucible merge. It's disingenuous to claim that Crucible enabled 2 outliers when it's just automatic baked-in power that far exceeds any of the nerfs to the Masteries. While simultaneously ignoring numerous amazing new Masteries that were added (likely outnumbering the stuff that was removed).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info