Endgame

"
Xanithor wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2832/highlight/endgame

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I tend to not look at the Suggestion Forum. Serves me right.

Anyway, I was more interested in what people's thoughts were about the random endgame v. the flat, high-level difficulty endgame because those are what Blizzard and GGG are saying their games will most likely have as endgame.
For this type of game and the way it's designed, endgame can be just about anything.

On the PvE side, You've got the ability to create random dungeons, an endless dungeon, group required zones of sorts(example: place is always scaled as if 6 people are in game, whether you are solo or with 6 people) and of course high end drops, super rare items/gems.

On the PvP side, you have the obvious duels, the group pvp or arena style play, possible different objective modes can be implemented. The idea here is to get the gear, and build, that can make just that little bit better.

On top of both the above modes, is leagues. Given that you can factor in plenty of different things from them, it will make for a wider array and be able, ideally, to cater to everyone.

I should clarify... the term end-game is relative, and it's a zone of difficulty that keeps moving as content is added.

Because the end game keeps moving, a universal end-game could be developed, which is what POE currently has, and is a minimum effort.

The end game moves because more 'real' content is added... such is the case with every WOW expansion that raises the bar.

I feel that effort should be put into interesting expansion content, while providing a minimal effort universal end game that can easily be moved in difficulty to support the current expansion length.

So there will always be 2 end games... the end of the current content, and the special zone.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info