The Campaign was honestly fine the first ~50 times.

no it wasnt.
I'm someone who actually enjoys the campaign, even though I've been playing for almost 10 years now. I guess I'm a weirdo. But I completely understand how others wouldn't and am not opposed to having alternate leveling options for those who dislike the campaign.

But the problem as I see it is that GGG still wants the game to have that competitive feel at the beginning of each new challenge league. If you have more than one way to level a char at the beginning of the league, then if they don't all take exactly the same amount of time and effort to complete, GGG will immediately be inundated with complaints like "I hate having to level my chars using XXX method because everybody knows it's 10% faster than method ZZZ".

Even if GGG makes it that the first character of a league has to do the campaign, and then players can choose an alternate leveling method for subsequent chars, they will immediately be inundated with complaints like "I hate having to start the league with build XXX because it's the fastest at clearing the campaign, just so I can switch to my real build and level it with method YYY".

It seems like there's no winning here for GGG, no compelling reason for them to put in the time and effort to enable alternate leveling options, unless they give up on the competitive aspect of new league starts. They clearly don't want to do that. Nothing they do will alleviate the complaints; they will only create new complaints about "balance" and "fairness" etc.
- here's my sig
"
You arent supposed to make as many builds as you want. You are supposed to feel the friction and quit early so you still have something to draw you back in next league. Its calculated design.

Most of everything I've seen is not people saying "too much friction" its "rub a different spot that one has gone bald"
IGN : Reamus
I'm older and i am slow. Takes me 6 days every league to finish the storyline. That is playing 5/6 hours per day. Doing the story is a chore for me, i don't really enjoy it.
Been playing for many years so have a heap of characters.
Would it be stupid to suggest that you get 1 free lvl 70 character with all storyline points after leveling say 5 characters to level 85 or so? That level 70 toon would have access to a "free shop" where modest items can be had for free, gems included. This may or may not be doable though.
No. The campaign becomes dull already on the 3rd passage. It's a pity that i started in this league after the break, now the next few will have to be skipped ...
Oh yes, I suspect the dead trade in this league is somehow related to this fact
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"
EDMOSES wrote:
I'm older and i am slow. Takes me 6 days every league to finish the storyline. That is playing 5/6 hours per day. Doing the story is a chore for me, i don't really enjoy it.
Would it be stupid to suggest that you get 1 free lvl 70 character with all storyline points after leveling say 5 characters to level 85 or so? That level 70 toon would have access to a "free shop" where modest items can be had for free, gems included. This may or may not be doable though.

This is a terrible idea. One of the worst yet.
The campaign is fine except for the first 3 acts for me. Then it is fine and addictive again.
"
EDMOSES wrote:

I sympathize. I think endgame currency that drops off pinnacle bosses that does what you suggest except for the shop. Then it is up to you to get a friend or a guild that can give you these items for free if you play league or get it for yourself if play standard.

Also there was a stealth buff to vendors so they usually have one or two good items on there.
Just give me endless ledge till I hit 70. Hell give me endless ledge after. Going in a straight line blasting mobs is peak PoE.
My name is Kro and I'm an eternal casual.
Last edited by Kookro on May 1, 2023, 10:09:40 AM
"
Powerhunger wrote:
If you have all your waypoints unlock then we would all just use a leveling service. All just stand still i a 5-way or have someone run 5 man delve.

Is that what you want just sit there stare at the screen and let someone else do it, because this is how it's going to be.

yes i want to have an option to start a new character in maps when i've already done the campaign once per week and yes if i have the option and currency to level through 5way i'll also do it that's my choice if you would want to get to maps the normal way and level in maps that's your choice that no one is taking away so don't tell people how they should want to lvl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info