State of farming

wut? i tho red maps = more lifeforges... its changed?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
SoulPrisoner wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:
"
SoulPrisoner wrote:
so I´ve been wondering, is there any reason to go beyond white maps when you wanna just simple farm?

- essence - doesnt scale
- bestiary - doesnt scale
- grove - doesnt scale
- betrayal - doesnt scale
- blight - ??
- expedition - ??
- incursion - ??
- metamorph - doesnt scale
- ritual - doesnt scale

anyway, if you get little "buffed" and kill everything just by looking at it, only limiting factor is your MS, so stack on movement speed and you get ridiculous div per hour, so to me it seems like the farming progression is something like - white maps, white maps, white maps, empyrian style of farming....

kinda sad, would be really nice if there is a feeling of reward progression between white and red maps on mechanics...

also some "before death" log would be awesome....30k armor, 40k ev, 100 suppres, 5k hp with 2,5K reg/s, 76@ and 72cr and still dying without noticing anything that should kill me (which kinda made me run white maps, cause i literaly see no point in doing reds, so its bosses + white maps for me since bosses < rare mobs).

Let me correct this a little:
- essence - doesnt scale
- bestiary - reverse scales - beastfarming is a lot more efficient in white maps due to smaller mob pool, which still includes chraicic chimeral
- grove - scales - higher map mods give more IIR/IIQ which affects harvest drops
- betrayal - scales - katarina needs to be higher ilvl to drop diadem
- blight - ??
- expedition - exponentially scales because lower maps have less IIR/IIQ, which affects expedition drops, they drops much fewer logbooks, and lower area logbooks have less everything, so they are less valuable
- incursion - doesn't scale - the profit comes from selling temples anyway
- metamorph - scales - much harder to get full charge on lower maps
- ritual - ?? - I've got no idea

Also
--Harbinger - doesn't scale
-- Altars - unavailable in lower tier maps, while being easily the most profitable mechanic in game

Grove - well but the base is same, in reds the T4 mob drop the same base amount, as in whites.
betrayal - I´ve been looking if there is exact lvl of map you have to have to be able to drop diadem and it seems its lvl 73, which is achievable in whites, crafts and everything else is non scalable (also you can do 1 red map to boost her to lvl 83 and do rest in white).

Grove - but it still effectively scales with map tier due to IIQ and IIR, and I'm not sure if T4 spawn rate isn't influenced by area lvl as well. Also, the prime farming method for harvest is to pick up IIR/IIQ altars, as many as one can handle, and then do the grove for 1k+ life force per map.

betrayal - fair point
Everything I do scales big time with ilevel. Delirium, Metamorph, Ritual and Blight. The OP has no clue about how things are.

Now the real question is could I do my "above" in white maps and do well and the answer is Yes! Not nearly as good but doable and this is one area where I give GGG huge props taking care of the casuals.

So, I could not disagree more with this topic.....
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Apr 21, 2023, 7:30:20 AM
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Everything I do scales big time with ilevel. Delirium, Metamorph, Ritual and Blight. The OP has no clue about how things are.

Now the real question is could I do my "above" in white maps and do well and the answer is Yes! Not nearly as good but doable and this is one area where I give GGG huge props taking care of the casuals.

So, I could not disagree more with this topic.....

Spot on. OP is pretty far off for time vs reward. But he also apparently feels that 40k ele and 20k phys EHP is endgame.
Doesn't really matter if a mechanic scales or not. For income sake, you WANT to be doing altars, so T14 or higher.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I'm pretty sure the only league mechanics without scaling are:

- Essence
- Torment
- Tempest (or whatever is left of it)
- Incursion (still great to feed Delirium)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info