State of farming

so I´ve been wondering, is there any reason to go beyond white maps when you wanna just simple farm?

- essence - doesnt scale
- bestiary - doesnt scale
- grove - doesnt scale
- betrayal - doesnt scale
- blight - ??
- expedition - ??
- incursion - ??
- metamorph - doesnt scale
- ritual - doesnt scale

anyway, if you get little "buffed" and kill everything just by looking at it, only limiting factor is your MS, so stack on movement speed and you get ridiculous div per hour, so to me it seems like the farming progression is something like - white maps, white maps, white maps, empyrian style of farming....

kinda sad, would be really nice if there is a feeling of reward progression between white and red maps on mechanics...

also some "before death" log would be awesome....30k armor, 40k ev, 100 suppres, 5k hp with 2,5K reg/s, 76@ and 72cr and still dying without noticing anything that should kill me (which kinda made me run white maps, cause i literaly see no point in doing reds, so its bosses + white maps for me since bosses < rare mobs).
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2023, 5:45:11 PM
Let us know how it goes.

Yet to drop even 1 div.
Beasts kinda scale if you are looking for the beast bosses. Same with items you get out of the mechanics. You mostly want 83 or 86 items, not lvl 68 bases. But I would like to have mechanics scale rewards with risk. I always thought the Harbour Bridge farm and similar stuff was cursed by design, and they kinda changed some of the stuff. But yes, i think thee is no reason to farm Essences in a T16 map, other than just because of you can. On the other hand, that gives builds that cannot farm some mechanics on T16 a chance to collect these rewards too. So it is a double edged sword.
Last edited by R3b00t on Apr 20, 2023, 4:58:25 PM
In high tier maps you get the guaranteed Screaming/Incandescent invitations, altars and occasional influenced map drops from bosses.

Generally you get higher IIQ/pack size in red maps because mods are more dangerous, so if you're looking for the "random divine drop", you have better chances in red maps because there are more mobs and the areas have higher items quantity.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Apr 20, 2023, 5:17:51 PM
"
SoulPrisoner wrote:
so I´ve been wondering, is there any reason to go beyond white maps when you wanna just simple farm?

- essence - doesnt scale
- grove - doesnt scale
- blight - ??
- expedition - ??
- incursion - ??
- ritual - doesnt scale

anyway, if you get little "buffed" and kill everything just by looking at it, only limiting factor is your MS, so stack on movement speed and you get ridiculous div per hour, so to me it seems like the farming progression is something like - white maps, white maps, white maps, empyrian style of farming....

kinda sad, would be really nice if there is a feeling of reward progression between white and red maps on mechanics...

also some "before death" log would be awesome....30k armor, 40k ev, 100 suppres, 5k hp with 2,5K reg/s, 76@ and 72cr and still dying without noticing anything that should kill me (which kinda made me run white maps, cause i literaly see no point in doing reds, so its bosses + white maps for me since bosses < rare mobs).

Let me correct this a little:
- essence - doesnt scale
- bestiary - reverse scales - beastfarming is a lot more efficient in white maps due to smaller mob pool, which still includes chraicic chimeral
- grove - scales - higher map mods give more IIR/IIQ which affects harvest drops
- betrayal - scales - katarina needs to be higher ilvl to drop diadem
- blight - ??
- expedition - exponentially scales because lower maps have less IIR/IIQ, which affects expedition drops, they drops much fewer logbooks, and lower area logbooks have less everything, so they are less valuable
- incursion - doesn't scale - the profit comes from selling temples anyway
- metamorph - scales - much harder to get full charge on lower maps
- ritual - ?? - I've got no idea

Also
--Harbinger - doesn't scale
-- Altars - unavailable in lower tier maps, while being easily the most profitable mechanic in game
Last edited by Xyel on Apr 20, 2023, 5:38:25 PM
For blight the oils scale. You can't drop
higher oils ls in low maps.
"
R3b00t wrote:
Beasts kinda scale if you are looking for the beast bosses. Same with items you get out of the mechanics. You mostly want 83 or 86 items, not lvl 68 bases. But I would like to have mechanics scale rewards with risk. I always thought the Harbour Bridge farm and similar stuff was cursed by design, and they kinda changed some of the stuff. But yes, i think thee is no reason to farm Essences in a T16 map, other than just because of you can. On the other hand, that gives builds that cannot farm some mechanics on T16 a chance to collect these rewards too. So it is a double edged sword.

base items are no league mechanics, ofc if you go for crafting you need to go red maps for bases, but for pure league mechanics - you get same essences, in beast yes in white you miss like 1 or 2 expensive beasts but still there are other expensive which are more probable to spawn due to smaller beast pool.

the point i´m trying to make is, the slowdown and risk isnt worth it to progress....due to poe i´m at 7mil dps, 40k ehp vs ele and chaos and 20k physical so i´d say pretty endgame char and still, i get much more reward for runing whites (or yellows since my dps is at level that the scaling doesnt make difference).
"
6_din_49 wrote:
In high tier maps you get the guaranteed Screaming/Incandescent invitations, altars and occasional influenced map drops from bosses.

Generally you get higher IIQ/pack size in red maps because mods are more dangerous, so if you're looking for the "random divine drop", you have better chances in red maps because there are more mobs and the areas have higher items quantity.

again, not the thing i´m talking about - invitations are definitely reason for red, but that is really not worth if you´re just trying to mass div per hour. you can make like 3 invitations per hour if you rush it (tried leagues before), i can get 5-10 divs in beast, essences and grove in the same time.
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
Let us know how it goes.

Yet to drop even 1 div.

well i´m at 500k kills, dropped like 3 raw divs, but made most of my profit with white league mechanics (essences, beasts, grove, betreyal) - how much? dunno, between 50-100 divs roughly
"
Xyel wrote:
"
SoulPrisoner wrote:

- essence - doesnt scale
- grove - doesnt scale
- blight - ??
- expedition - ??
- incursion - ??
- ritual - doesnt scale

Let me correct this a little:
- essence - doesnt scale
- bestiary - reverse scales - beastfarming is a lot more efficient in white maps due to smaller mob pool, which still includes chraicic chimeral
- grove - scales - higher map mods give more IIR/IIQ which affects harvest drops
- betrayal - scales - katarina needs to be higher ilvl to drop diadem
- blight - ??
- expedition - exponentially scales because lower maps have less IIR/IIQ, which affects expedition drops, they drops much fewer logbooks, and lower area logbooks have less everything, so they are less valuable
- incursion - doesn't scale - the profit comes from selling temples anyway
- metamorph - scales - much harder to get full charge on lower maps
- ritual - ?? - I've got no idea

Also
--Harbinger - doesn't scale
-- Altars - unavailable in lower tier maps, while being easily the most profitable mechanic in game

Grove - well but the base is same, in reds the T4 mob drop the same base amount, as in whites.
betrayal - I´ve been looking if there is exact lvl of map you have to have to be able to drop diadem and it seems its lvl 73, which is achievable in whites, crafts and everything else is non scalable (also you can do 1 red map to boost her to lvl 83 and do rest in white).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info