Comparisons to Archnemesis are WRONG

Honestly i'd rather PoE moved in the direction of powerful account bound items because then they can drop more frequently making the game more fun overall.

Trading is great and all, but you need to remember the drops are nuked into oblivion to allow for trading.
"
vio wrote:
if most weapons you pick up have amazing crucible trees, who would buy them off the market if you can just ident them yourself?

imho, being able to sell a good item is the main incentive to play and get rich for a majority of players. which means there needs to be demand for those items.

---

regarding rare monsters: you just skip them if they're not part of a mechanic that needs to be finished?

So you're consciously saying you'd rather have almost no usable, good items drop just so the players can sell items?

And I'd love a quick citation on your claim that being able to sell items is the main incentive for the majority of players, because I'm willing to bet that's real false.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
vio wrote:
if most weapons you pick up have amazing crucible trees, who would buy them off the market if you can just ident them yourself?

imho, being able to sell a good item is the main incentive to play and get rich for a majority of players. which means there needs to be demand for those items.

---

regarding rare monsters: you just skip them if they're not part of a mechanic that needs to be finished?

So you're consciously saying you'd rather have almost no usable, good items drop just so the players can sell items?

And I'd love a quick citation on your claim that being able to sell items is the main incentive for the majority of players, because I'm willing to bet that's real false.

It's absolutely false. If you took a poll and asked people if they would rather find good loot, or engage in trade to pay someone else for it, the results wouldn't shock anyone. PoE as an arpg is fundamentally a looter, not a trade simulator.

Even further, SSF, which is very popular, literally has no trading at all. People want to progress themselves. Hell I think CW even said the vast majority of players don't even group play, ever. It's mostly solo experiences in a multiplayer setting.

Id say that's just a poor take with a bit a projection coming from how he prefers to enjoy the game. Sure a fresh economy is appealing, but the main draw is meta shifts, new league mechanics, and new skills/items/endgame tweaks added to the game.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
No u r
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

---

that's the core of every arpg with a global economy: how does it handle the quality of loot drops and how easily can people sell it to other players.

the perfect balance is if the system makes people buy from the market as much as they sell to other players.

every imbalance is either killing demand or ingame progress for casuals in the long run.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
This is really just highlighting how bad trade is for gameplay. Imagine if you didnt have to spend dozens of hours trawling and trading because you could find/craft all those gears yourself?
"
Asmosis wrote:
This is really just highlighting how bad trade is for gameplay. Imagine if you didnt have to spend dozens of hours trawling and trading because you could find/craft all those gears yourself?
I don't have to imagine. I can just play Monster Hunter and the gear progression is just 100x since it's actually balanced for reasonable grinding standards and not trading.
nope this is worse...the comparison is wrong.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
I don't particularly enjoy playing the Crucible mechanic, but holy smoke the rewards are completely OP. Yikes. This is assuming you know how to figure out what mods will best serve your build. And that takes doing some research and also some time searching and understanding most of all what your build lacks. I think people get lost just searching for POB DPS and ignore quality of life and Defense.

Since I am in a decent mood I'll give you guys who are hating on this league some advice. Search for the tree what suits you and then do the crafting yourself. Bingo. This league "forces" you to craft your weapon/shield after you get the proper base to min/max. Which is fine, and I have no idea what the heck some of these posts complaining about the lack of crafting. This IS the crafting league!
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Apr 17, 2023, 10:29:21 AM
Agree with the OP on 150%.

Crusible is tedious and boring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info