Comparisons to Archnemesis are WRONG

You're all out here trying to compare Crucible to Archnemesis. What you're all failing to realize is that at least Archnemesis had loot. It may have been rough, but it still at least had loot at the end. There were rewards. Crucible is just an extra bit of xp to track, and majority of times, it's not even worth it because you don't know the tree until you finish the first two crucibles at least on an item. So yeah, I'll prefer Archnemesis over Crucible any day. Like many others, I'm done. Hopefully 3.22 is better.
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2023, 5:09:28 AM
Lmao I guess we're going to just re write history and brainwash ourselves into forgetting 100 scroll / 23 flask AN "loot explosions"

Still are with your point though
I don't think neither points of view are wrong here. The rares are back to AN levels and now you have a MUCH MUCH worse scourge league along with 0 drops in the entire game to add up.

AN was really bad but this is GGG complete bsing the playerbase thinking players wont notice like they did with the loot back in 3.19.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Crucible was designed for Ruthless in mind, that's why there aren't any item drops. It's supposed to reward you by giving you a chance to add an improvement to a wep you pick up off the ground.

If you don't want this as a reward, don't interact with the crucible. Unless you're in Ruthless, there should be plenty of other content to engage with that has item drops as its primary reward.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Way too many useless nodes in the weapons tree to go past one or two nodes.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
crunkatog wrote:

If you don't want this as a reward, don't interact with the crucible. Unless you're in Ruthless, there should be plenty of other content to engage with that has item drops as its primary reward.

I don't think you get the point of new league launch. The point of playing league is to interact with the content. If the content isn't good, (general consensus by a heavy majority for Crucible), then might as well play Standard or not play the game at all for 13 weeks. Sadly, crucible has so much potential, but they scuffed up the league potential. The concept was great, had the greatest record for concurrent players at launch, and has some of the most potential for the game long term too, but the retention is already dropping heavily and it isn't even a week in yet.

Also, many nodes have significant downsides they really kill the weapon too
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
Last edited by V3n05 on Apr 12, 2023, 6:04:27 PM
"
Bleu42 wrote:
Lmao I guess we're going to just re write history and brainwash ourselves into forgetting 100 scroll / 23 flask AN "loot explosions"

You are confusing the AN league with the base game implementation the following leagues. During AN you picked which loot you would get, each token told you what it was and the vast majority of combinations would not result in a "flask explosion." Instead you would insert the "all drops are currency" token, then the "all drops are tripled" token, then the all drops are rolled higher token, and then the "spawn trees that each drop more things" token, and you would get like 100 chaos orbs and a handful of exalts from one encounter, plus all the currency you got from the previous waves. The enemies in AN were stupidly hard sometimes, and the mechanic was clunky and a bit tedious requiring a flowchart to use, but at the end of the day it was at least highly rewarding.
Last edited by Astasia on Apr 12, 2023, 6:36:24 PM
I've just been avoiding full charging crucibles because it seems kinda pointless anyways when they're in every map. When not fully charged, they're a pushover. Awful balancing on that front, though.

I don't even mind really tough rare mobs if they have a much higher chance at dropping more/better loot. I mostly enjoyed Archnem league, but didn't like how they implemented into the game afterwards. That's why I feel like the crucible mobs dropping nothing feels like a slap in the face, really.

Now that I have a good weapon sorted out I just avoid it. I don't think I've ever disliked a league mechanic more than this one, though. Crazy thing is; on paper, I thought I would love it as the idea of passive trees on items is really interesting. The execution of that idea is what's really lacking.
Last edited by Captain_Murphy on Apr 12, 2023, 6:36:59 PM
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Man, Archnemesis League was done so dirty. GGG managed to rewrite history and make people forget that it was a league mechanic that was fully opt-in and you customized your boss and the loot it dropped.

What Archnemesis was as a league mechanic and what it became as core is like the perfect line drawn between what GGG used to be and what it had become.
if most weapons you pick up have amazing crucible trees, who would buy them off the market if you can just ident them yourself?

imho, being able to sell a good item is the main incentive to play and get rich for a majority of players. which means there needs to be demand for those items.

---

regarding rare monsters: you just skip them if they're not part of a mechanic that needs to be finished?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info