So coming off the heels of the D4 Beta and massive Twitch Marketing, GGG presents...Crucible?

"
HwtChirino wrote:

I haven't bought a supporter pack since Ultimatum or Ritual.. I can't remember. Anyway, I won't give money to a stupid game company. Make me a good league, and I'll reward the good gaming company.

Same here I'm not buying shit ever again. Everyone needs to stop paying them. I'd rather this game died than it keepgoing in this direction. Shit is not fun.
I keep saying the same thing every time I log in. How can this terrible boring basic untested 'league' take four months to create. It took a few hours to see how bad the mechanic is and yet they didn't make any improvements while making it? I guess GGG is giving up since after June this game will be dead
"
I keep saying the same thing every time I log in. How can this terrible boring basic untested 'league' take four months to create

It's very clear, to me at least, this league and the 4 months was far more about timing for Exilecon and shifting around dates so D4 isnt so devastating to them. (Which copium anyways)

I'm not sure how presenting a league like this helps though? If anything people will be more interested in D4 come June. There isn't anything of a redeeming value in Crucible. It's bad. I wonder how retention will perform compared to Sanctum? I guess we will see.

This league is just so low effort as I said in my OP. That's the message you want to send your playerbase on the eve of the biggest competition you have seen in many years? Interesting strategy.

Perhaps they just came to terms with this legaue being subpar in the hopes that Exilecon and the subsequent legaue is above average. Put me in the doubt column, but let's see what happens. I won't be touching PoE again until perhaps the fall or winter (whenever the PoE2 beta is), and if D4 launches season 1 for the holidays... well RIP that PoE legaue/beta.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
reading all those depressing statements from people with overly raised expectations: what can ggg do to unspoil you?
would 2 leagues with only ruthless mode help bring you back to your normal selves?

for years now has ggg given in and upped rewards and drops, it's only human that players take that for granted, accept that as the new status quo and expect more the next time.

but that's not how closed systems work, new gratifications need to be compensated by the game with other league mechanics. everything the gives to the player needs to be consumed by the game again.

unlimited growth is not desirable nor healthy, just ask cancer patients.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 12, 2023, 9:36:39 AM
"
vio wrote:
reading all those depressing statements from people with overly raised expectations: what can ggg do to unspoil you?
would 2 leagues with only ruthless mode help bring you back to your normal selves?

for years now has ggg given in and upped rewards and drops, it's only human that players take that for granted, accept that as the new status quo and expect more the next time.

but that's not how systems work, new gratifications need to be compensated with other league mechanics. everything the gives to the player needs to be consumed by the game.

So let me understand. You are saying the players are spoiled and deserved to be punished? That way we learn to appreciate the game more? Lol good luck with that if that's their actual strategy with PoE2. The game is player hostile enough.

They are the developers, we just play (or don't play) whatever they serve up. I don't know if they even read or care about feedback anymore. They have been in intellectual lockdown the past two years. I believe CW told everyone at GGG to avoid Reddit/Twitter/Forums except Bex. That's brutal.

That said, if they really do want to scale back and get to a more Ruthless style of game, they have to quit marketing and trying to appeal to more casual players. It's what creates this toxic atmosphere. PoE isn't that kind of game, and expanding it out like that creates this community divide. They have to see this. I know they want the casual money, but they can't do both. Pick a lane GGG.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 12, 2023, 10:05:10 AM
"
vio wrote:

but that's not how closed systems work, new gratifications need to be compensated by the game with other league mechanics. everything the gives to the player needs to be consumed by the game again.

The common theme of complaints is not that players want even more power. Most complainants just want the game back in a state roughly pre 3.15 when the game was actually fun and not a complete exercise in self flagellation.

The constant gaslighting of players and the anchoring behaviour of GGG is insidious and deserves to be called out for what it is.

The biggest issue I've observed is not that GGG is dropping the power of the top players by 5%, but that they're continuously raising the floor on the bottom players making their experience miserable. Of course people are going to complain about that.

It's also worth considering that the majority of people complaining are not players that arrived this league or the last, but players that have been around for a long time. They're upset because the game they used to love and enjoy, has become a senselessly punishing exercise and is no longer fun.

On a separate topic, that last line of yours was needlessly tacky and not at all clever.
I can't believe that we are calling players spoiled for wanting a league mechanic to drop an unspecified amount of loot in a loot RPG. Like, at the bare minimum a league mechanic had enemies that dropped rares that weren't any good. We went from begging from dropped loot to be more meaningful and rares to be worth picking up to begging for the game to not have loot at all. I can't.
Yeah, it's insulting to GGG that players want to have fun in their game.

I mean, gaslighting people that don't want tasteless rewash of other leagues, buggy, over tuned and rewardless gameplay is not only anti player behaviour, it's the lowest of the low excuse to accept sub standard quality.

Complaining about people with "overly raised expectations" when they keep over hyping the league itself and hiding downsides in the streams is also really pathetic.

And lets not forget they culled loot recently, which incurred the wrath of the vast majority of players.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
I want the Chris Wilson from Bestiary league back.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
And GGG needing to give out a bunch of mystery boxes to streamers with the caveat that they open them on stream.

Not shady or worrisome at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info