So coming off the heels of the D4 Beta and massive Twitch Marketing, GGG presents...Crucible?

Based on all the reworking of reward structures in this game, by the time POE2 comes out, it will essentially be ruthless mode now. No loot, just overtuned AN mobs, 1 shotting you with random properties that are not only extremely powerful but also spammed constantly ontop of your character every 0.01 seconds.

Random invisible damage over time ground effects dealing 2000 damage per second everywhere. SO FUN!

I'll play POE2's campaign and uninstall this game once and for all. They have lost all good will from me.
chances of getting a beta key 0.000001 %
I paid for a month's sub to swtor (a few weeks ago) and I was sitting playing POE then after the 5th unkillable soul eater mob.

I'm just thinking I would rather be playing swtor. Even just watching a review for Last Epoch makes me want to finally commit to trying it out.

POE is just getting less and less fun to play.
Everyone seems to be always focusing on the new league (understandable to a point) but they always ignore the game as a whole.

Maybe I'm the weird one out of the bunch, but the core PoE experience (gamplay, past cumulative league content, feel, etc) is still top tier; with all of its obvious flaws.

That being said, the disappointment is understandable. On the other hand D4 doesn't seem all that special. It has 2 good points to it: visuals and gamplay flow; bonus for story if you're into that. From hat weak beta you can't even judge how good it can be by endgame.
Last edited by lupasvasile on Apr 10, 2023, 5:55:39 PM
Hold on! You think people will play Diablo 4 in June? My prediction is that people will play Zelda in June, not Diablo 4. People will play Tears of the Kingdom in May and June, maybe all summer, that's how good it looks.
Last edited by ChimpMagnet on Apr 10, 2023, 6:53:09 PM
"
lupasvasile wrote:

Maybe I'm the weird one out of the bunch, but the core PoE experience (gamplay, past cumulative league content, feel, etc) is still top tier; with all of its obvious flaws.

This. The new mechanics is definitely a pile of hot garbage, and PoE is far from flawless, but still no other ARPG provides the same amount of content and level of depth.

I haven't played much for the past two leagues, so I think I'm staying and I'm fine with ignoring Crucible altogether and just playing the base game. For those who came only for the new league content - it's definitely an easy skip filler league.
hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
This league had the benefit of renewed interest in the arpg genre due to D4. This is great news for everyone. GGG shattered their concurrent player record, and the amount of paid sponsorships on Twitch was the highest I've seen yet. They drummed up a significant amount of interest, no doubt about it. It launched on a Holiday weekend for many.

And what does GGG do with this golden opportunity? Present us with one of the most undwhelming leagues in recent memory. Not only is the league mechanic an after thought, the mobs are wildly over-tuned. Many encounters were beyond the difficulty of bosses, which makes zero sense. I doubt many players even completed more than one or two nodes during the entire campaign. It was awful in both utility and experience.

After playing Crucible for a few days I'm left with a couple of strong feelings. One, I wish I was playing D4 instead, and two, GGG has really taken their hands off the wheel with PoE1. It's just so low effort in terms of scope, and mob scaling / interaction. Even the mystery box and battle pass is sub par. (Not to mention the battle pass changes that are a step in a shady direction)

GGG hasnt spoken about PoE2, like at all, and managing these expectations, while still monetizing and supporting PoE1, is becoming increasingly problematic. It's to the point that I dont believe PoE2 can do everything the players are expecting. I think GGG is setting up PoE2 to fall flat. Not that it won't be good, because I expect it will be well designed, but people will be disappointed with what is presented in terms of scope after 5 years in development. I expect the theme to be "great intentions, terrible execution".

Nothing has made me want to play D4 more than this current iteration of PoE. I cannot imagine retention performing well in this league (what is there to do??), and come June, it will be a post-nuclear wasteland. The amount of pressure and expectations for Exilecon in July is staggering. Whatever "beta" they showcase better be epic. They better have tons of info and, subsequently a forum based FAQ section or sticky post, with developer interaction. They better have a solid public beta ready to go shortly after. The amount of bugs and problems to hash out, given what we have seen in past leagues, will be of a magnitude we have never seen before.

GGG cannot afford to fuck this up, and what we have seen lately, isn't a good indicator... of anything really. Good luck GGG, you will need it.

True. It`s Sad but Funny at the same Time. Gotten more Funny for me tho.
I can`t wait to be able to prove actual SKILL in D4. Beeing able to react to certain Situations instead of getting flatout stupidly oneshottet everytime because you are forced to run modifiers on your map or into monsters with them you dont want to just to find at least something wich you dont.
I guess every Journey end sometimes.
Goodbye
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang
Last edited by x7yr on Apr 10, 2023, 7:00:11 PM
D4 was something fresh, but it still felt like a casual console smasher. PoE hasn't been "great" since the 3.06-3.14 run, which was the best that the genre has ever been. Honestly, the best arpg thing going atm for me is Last Epoch. Their most recent pre launch patch made some big steps forward, while the big boys are continuing to go backward.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
Last edited by nGio on Apr 10, 2023, 6:54:14 PM
Kinda sad to say but last D3 season I enjoyed way more than current POE...
At least i played that for weeks and my biggest concern was that they didnt ban bug abusers on the ladder fast enough (there was a new bug with 1 set).

POE I doubt i will be playing even 1 week lol... never been so bored by this game...
Im already considering going back to astroneer with my friends lol...
Really wish we had old POE back ...
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Apr 10, 2023, 7:11:12 PM
"Undwhelming" is the best typo I have seen in ages.

See my signature. I paid a whopping 5 bucks for Vampire Survivors and already clocked a good 20 hours. For a pixel game with no player agency beyond directional movement and upgrade choices. I mean, the game has auto *everything*: loot, fire, aim. It is an Exile's worst nightmare.

And yet it is horrifically compelling.

There is no substitute for good core game design and PoE never really had it. Its genius lay in combining a few core elements from other games in a pre-existing mould (D2). Where to go from there? Try to build on that shaky foundation. And build. And build. And build.

Until all you are left with is the unstable and seemingly pointless latest floor to a tower of Babel struggling towards the unattainable when all people really wanted was a garden of Babylon to play in.

Undwhelming indeed.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 10, 2023, 9:55:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info