Are the eggs bad for your health?

...and not a single Eggsile pun to be found.

Surely a few of you are dads. I know at least one is a dad's dad.

Disappointed.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
"
...and not a single Eggsile pun to be found.

Surely a few of you are dads. I know at least one is a dad's dad.

Disappointed.

Hey, I did my "fart". I as much as walked in and asked the thread to pull my finger.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Eggs are like some of the best food in existence.

lol @ the whole cholesterol fear, glad someone else covered that BS earlier.
Eggs, fish, and chicken are amazing.
I am a 2 egg a day guy (hard boiled).
Weekends, it can be more.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
lolozori wrote:
no, like everything else you overdose and it can become bad. Drink too much water and you can get your brain swollen and die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

That's generally hyponatremia - and excess water consumption is rarely the cause of it. If the sodium in your blood drops too low (135-145 is normal range) you will get swelling in your brain.

If you hit 125 or lower, you are likely to be hospitalized so that your sodium level can be slowly and carefully restored. Severely low sodium (or too rapid replenishment from a low level) will cause swelling in the brain (and possible permanent damage), seizures or even death. When pressure increases inside the skull, the skull doesn't give, so one of three things has to go decrease - blood flow, cerebrospinal fluid or brain tissue.

The most common cause we see is someone who has had a lot of vomiting and/or diarrhea for a long period. They lose a lot of electrolytes, and their potassium levels are usually shot as well, which makes it harder for their heart to contract the way it should be doing.

Not as frequent, but still common is people with cirrhosis from chronic alcohol abuse - especially if they have comorbidities like low cardiac output or poor kidney function. In this case, it is an excess of fluids causing the hyponatremia.

Confusion is the biggest symptom we commonly see on this, and people that are normally lucid, can remember their name and maybe their birth date, and everything else is a hazy blur in their mind. Fortunately, that is temporary if the sodium level is slowly restored over a couple of days.

If someone is vomiting and has severe diarrhea - getting some fluids is important, but getting some fluid intake with electrolytes (something like Pedialyte, Gatorade or equivalent with sodium and potassium) is important.

With children, especially infants, its critical that they are getting some fluid intake when they are having diarrhea or vomiting a lot. If a baby isn't making wet diapers***, it's time to check with your local provider or clinic.

**How long infants can go is dependent on age and other symptoms, so there's no easy guideline.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Apr 29, 2023, 10:11:16 PM
no and depends...Eggs are not bad for health, there is actually a study that pairs normal egg consumption with good health behaviour, but abuse of eggs can cause serious liver problems(especially raw eggs...I know you fit junkies do it, cuz it's cheaper than some sort of protein you might ingest...)...

I said depends because people might have alergic reactions to different things.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Apr 30, 2023, 8:47:37 AM
I generally eat close to 2 dozen a week. I lift three times a week, and do cardio 4 times a week. I love eggs.
i usually eat like 4 eggs a day. i dont let myself leave the house until i eat all four so i make sure i get all the protein that i need

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info