[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Lheas wrote:
What league mechanics do you recommend to play at start of the league with this build?
Or are there mechanics that i should avoid?

It depends on your currency farming plan. For league start, my top two mechanics will be Delirium and Betrayal.

I have assembled a tier list below on how good this CDot build is for the various content. CDot could be very good for a certain content but currency yield is low so I will not be focusing on the mechanic (e.g Harbinger)

Tier 1:
Strongboxes
Delirium
Harvest
Breach
Ritual
Abyss
Harbinger
Expedition

Tier 2:
Betrayal
Alva
Delve
Metamorph
Essence
Pinnacle Bossing

Tier 3:
Einhar - This build maps very fast, and the beasts force you to slow down. Incompatible mapping style.
Heist - This is not a movement speed build
Legion - Too much ground to cover
Blight - Too much ground to cover

Maps:
Avoid the Poison on hit map mod until you have Devouring Diadem because it will stop your ES (which is used for mana) from regenerating.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Last edited by LkGGz on Apr 6, 2023, 11:48:13 PM
"
Juanzito wrote:
Are you updating this pob to 3.21 ? Very interested in this build !!

I have just updated the leveling skill tree to 3.21!

I have also added a new section for items.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Can you please explain why this build wouldn't run a 2 handed staff instead of the wand and shield? Is it purely for the +2 to all cold skill gems or is there another reason?
"
Phylaia wrote:
Can you please explain why this build wouldn't run a 2 handed staff instead of the wand and shield? Is it purely for the +2 to all cold skill gems or is there another reason?

Technically, you can get up to +3 cold spell skill gems from a 2H staff or a wand + shield combination.

The main reasons are mobility, defense and total affix lines.

Mobility:
1. We cannot run shield charge without a shield. Shield charge is important for mapping speed.

Defense:
1. We cannot run tempest shield without a shield.
2. Lower block chance

Total affix lines:
It is easier to yield better stats from the Wand + Shield combination than using a staff only. Take note that staff affixes are stronger than wand affixes, but even then it is 6 vs 12.

Wand + Shield: 12 (6+6) lines of affixes available and 2 craft-able mods (outside of multi-mod)
Staff: 6 lines of affixes and 1 craft-able mod (outside of multi-mod)
Any difference from this and the maxroll guide? I do like how simple and ez to follow this is though, thanks
"
FnX_za wrote:
Any difference from this and the maxroll guide? I do like how simple and ez to follow this is though, thanks

I do not know the maxroll guide by the back of my hand but:

The first and biggest main difference is the choice of unique helmet. The maxroll guide uses Eye of Malice while this guide uses Devouring Diadem. This in turn leads to different skill tree allocations too.

Using Eye of Malice Pros:
1. The helmet is cheaper
2. We gain more damage when both curses are being used
3. 80% resistances is better than 35 DEX in most cases

Now no. 2 is debatable because Devouring Diadem saves you so many skill points that you may end up with higher damage.

Devouring Diadem Pros:
1. Devouring Diadem has more damage than Eye of Malice when curses have yet to be applied
2. We save 4SP from the Vampirism cluster because Feast of Flesh provides recovery
3. We save 3SP from Eldritch Battery because DD has EB inbuilt into it
4. You can run poison on hit and no regeneration maps because of the 10% chance for ES to recharge to start when you use a skill (otherwise, poison on hit maps are impossible to run without poison immunity)
5. Your auras gain +1 gem level
6. You can run Tempest Shield over Defiance Banner. Getting shock immunity and 26% spell block outweighs the defensive gains from Defiance Banner.

The second main difference is that the maxroll guide swaps culling strike for enduring cry in the mid-game and relies on a curse on hit ring for free up a gem socket for culling strike. I do not view enduring cry as necessary for mapping.

The third main difference is that the maxroll guide invests skill points and two affixes to gain some spell suppression. I do not like this because even after all that has been invested, spell suppression is not capped. Trying to get T1 spell suppression on gloves and shield in addition to the other stats will be very costly, and I think the budget can be spent better. Perhaps the maxroll guide is geared more towards pinnacle bossing.
Last edited by LkGGz on Apr 7, 2023, 12:57:47 PM
just wondering why shaper of storms over shaper of winter? sorry im new
"
LuckyBoxEz wrote:
just wondering why shaper of storms over shaper of winter? sorry im new

for max dps. shaper of winter mainly has effects that slow/chill enemies. shaper of storms causes your hit to shock enemies, which makes them take more dmg from your DOT.
Thank you for your previous answer. I personally really dislike shield charge, but I do love this build and I'm using it as my league starter. Let's imagine I were to use a 2H staff cuz of personal preferences, what's the 6th gem you would put into each vortex and creeping frost's separate gem slots?
"
Phylaia wrote:
Thank you for your previous answer. I personally really dislike shield charge, but I do love this build and I'm using it as my league starter. Let's imagine I were to use a 2H staff cuz of personal preferences, what's the 6th gem you would put into each vortex and creeping frost's separate gem slots?

The 6th gem will be empower/hypothermia. The double 6L set up will be:

Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Swift Affliction - Elemental Focus - Hypothermia - Empower

Creeping Frost - Controlled Destruction - Swift Affliction - Elemental Focus - Hypothermia - Empower

Hope you have a blast :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info