[3.24] Herald of Agony CI - The dirty Scorpion-tail|1M ehp| Inbuilt Mageblood|Minion-Pathfinder 49M

Last edited by CnaiurX on Dec 4, 2023, 5:04:17 PM
"
xaeror35 wrote:
Thoughts on running this using Storm Rain to apply poisons?

You'd lose the weapon and Aegis Aurora shield, as you need a bow to use Storm Rain - that's a massive loss of EH and damage.
Last edited by CnaiurX on Dec 4, 2023, 11:52:20 PM
"
xaeror35 wrote:
Thoughts on running this using Storm Rain to apply poisons?

Yes, it's like CnaiurX wrote.

Storm rain is great to use with a bow until around 10M damage and good before you get a watchers eye with es on hit-discipline-mod.
But of course you loose the tankyness of aegis aurora in damage peaks with es on block and need to rely on your es+life on hit. Go probably hybrid with maw of the conquest helmet or Kahuturoa's Certainty boots to be unaffected by poison.

But when you max the build with full 70-80 HoA virulences for 30M damage and more, storm rain is not fast enough generating full HoA-virulences.

I advice to storm burst in combination with void spheres, and probably the new firestorms of pelting and static ball-lightnings.
You get capacities of more jewel-slots (60% poison chance is on united in dreams) and as a result also the free to choose belt slot.
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 5, 2023, 10:23:01 AM
Would Master Toxicist be better for mapping in terms of maintaining virulence than Nature's Reprisal? You'd lose 20% dps but each poison from the spread would count as a virulence. Or do you easily maintain maximum virulence so it's not a problem?
Last edited by CnaiurX on Dec 6, 2023, 9:42:08 PM
+++++ [3.23] Afflictions arriving +++++

+++++ All PoB's are updated.+++++

● Started updating the build (skills like firestorm of pelting and static ball-lightnings added etc.)

● Added some advices for the affliction-ascendancies (new charms, mark of penance)

● Improved the pob's

● Added a new cyclone set-up channelling blazing salvo - returning projectiles

● Added new levelling boot Kahuturoa's Certainty, unaffected by poison, when the golden rule is early wanted to use

● Added new malevolence variation against Ubers
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 7, 2023, 3:19:33 AM
Hey there, thankyou for the well written guide and all the info. I'm looking to reroll into this build but there is so much info that I'm confusing myself and potentially overthinking what I need to do to get the build able to just map t16s while I figure it out.
"
Added a new cyclone set-up channelling blazing salvo - returning projectiles

I'm trying this out and I'm having trouble sustaining mana. Any tips? I'd love to get rid of my mana flask.

It works OK if i spec into the 4 life / 2 mana on hit node, but only if I'm hitting with my cyclone and I'll run out of mana while kiting a tougher enemy. Also my accuracy is real bad so I'm missing quite a bit.

For reference I'm still playing this in 'leveling mode' while I save for aegis/skin/united etc.

I've got a cold iron point and saffel's frame right now. I only have 37% chance to block spell damage so I'm not getting full value out of the Mystic Bulwark mana regen.
What should I be looking for in a helmet after the CI transition, since we don't have Mana reservation enchant anymore?
The "leveling act 3-4" tree has a jewel slot with a ghastly eye jewel that requires lvl 60 to use.

...People are not level 60 in act 4.

EDIT: Multiple item lists (leveling + endgame) also have enchants on them which make/break the build, but enchants were removed in 3.23 so for anyone reading this consider this build officially outdated until it's updated for 3.23.
Last edited by Tajı on Dec 16, 2023, 1:34:52 AM
"
Tajı wrote:
The "leveling act 3-4" tree has a jewel slot with a ghastly eye jewel that requires lvl 60 to use.

...People are not level 60 in act 4.

EDIT: Multiple item lists (leveling + endgame) also have enchants on them which make/break the build, but enchants were removed in 3.23 so for anyone reading this consider this build officially outdated until it's updated for 3.23.

Simply take a levelling gem when you need resis or str. When you benchcrafted some already or have a nice drop you don't even need a jewel while levelling.

I corrected the enchant in the variations. In the final items tabs and trees they were already longtime removed of course.
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 18, 2023, 7:55:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info