[3.21] Animate Weapon FIRE Guardian - Minion Starter - Low Budget, High DPS [outdated]

will try this one out this friday, sounds fun!

thanks mate :)
Thank you for your thoughts, I will use it in SSF
I've never played animate weapon before and with this coming buff I will be trying it out this season with your build. Seems like fun.
Thanks for the guide. Makes sense to go fire. Got in STD a chaos one (very high budget) and really liked the playstyle. I might league start with this, but got some question about gearing. You say it doesn't matter for helmet, rings, etc etc. But are there specific uniques or maybe a elder influenced bone helmet that should be used? I was thinking to get a bone helmet maybe with +2 minion and some minion life on it because it keeps the spectres alive. What do you thinkg?

Keep up the good work mate!

Last edited by SirArganar on Apr 4, 2023, 12:48:37 PM
"
SirArganar wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Makes sense to go fire. Got in STD a chaos one (very high budget) and really liked the playstyle. I might league start with this, but got some question about gearing. You say it doesn't matter for helmet, rings, etc etc. But are there specific uniques or maybe a elder influenced bone helmet that should be used? I was thinking to get a bone helmet maybe with +2 minion and some minion life on it because it keeps the spectres alive. What do you thinkg?

Keep up the good work mate!

Hello, and good question.

My opinion, most important thing on the helmet is to have the enchant for "24% chance to summon an additional Animated Weapon" because it's so good for QOL, especially when you have a really high level gem and can summon up to 17+ weapons.

I don't talk that much about the gearing because I figure people will figure it out based on their preference - your idea for the influenced bone helmet is definitely a good one, when you're looking to min-max. The eldritch influences (that replace the Bone Helmet implicit) make the base less important, to me, because you can get other really useful implicits that way.

I usually haven't had much trouble with spectres dying because the "minions recover 5% of life on minion death" mastery is really strong. You could also link a Meat Shield in there (putting Convocation somewhere else, in a ring maybe) to really be sure they stick around.

Basically, my thought is that the budget you could put into getting a really excellent Elder Bone Helmet will be more impactful by getting top tier Abyssal Jewels. But once you're in the late game and can do both, go for it.

Good luck in the league!
Dude why does your POB have no gear?
Any chance you or someone else can make a mapping video with this build? I'm hoping to see an up to date version of it played so I can have a good idea visually of how I should be playing it. It looks fun!
"
Mak822 wrote:
Dude why does your POB have no gear?

Because I'd rather people figure out the gear on their own or by reading the guide.

Gear tip #1: get rings with an open suffix so you can craft "minions have increased movement speed" onto them.

Gear tip #2: get a 1H incursion weapon with "minions have 5% chance to deal double damage, minions deal x% increased damage" and "+1 to all physical spell skill gems", and then craft on the Trigger Socketed Spells (or use an annul and pray, if there's no open suffix). Pretty cheap end-game viable weapon.

Scaling the damage is pretty obvious: you want minion damage, added gem levels, and awakened skill gems.

"
KittenznOm wrote:
Any chance you or someone else can make a mapping video with this build? I'm hoping to see an up to date version of it played so I can have a good idea visually of how I should be playing it. It looks fun!

If you look at the mapping videos for 3.10 and 3.11, the playstyle is still the same (except now it's Flame Dash instead of Dash for movement).

Playstyle: summon 3-5 weapons by casting Bladefall at the start of the zone and get moving. Animate the weapons that monsters drop to maintain full stacks without having to cast Bladefall very much. Use Convocation often. That's about it!
Thanks for the updated guide! I enjoyed playing the cold conversion build, so i'll be trying this version out soon.

I just wanted to mention that you kept this line in the section about helmet enchants: "Reduced mana reservation on Hatred or Skitterbots". I assume you don't recommend this with the fire conversion build. Happy league start!
^^^ Thanks, I missed that when doing the update to the guide. Fixed!

Good luck in the new league--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info