a bunch of noob questions

"
googley_eyes wrote:
does gladiators perseverance interact with ghost reaver? pob says it doesn't but idk.
also does pob take into account damage conversion and withered? feelin like it doesn't.
i'm guessing i can't trade with someone in sanctum league? can i transfer my character to a league?

Gladiator doesn't have a node called Perserverance. There is a belt with that name but it doesn't really have anything to do with Ghost Reaver.

Damage conversion yes, Withered you have to manually set the stacks in the config tab.

If you're in Standard, you can't trade with people in Sanctum, or any league other than Standard for that matter. You can only transfer characters to their parent leagues; SSF leagues are all parented to their non-SSF counterparts, and all hardcore leagues are parented to Standard (exceptions exist for events).

You should consider joining the TFT discord, they have channels where you can get game help a bit more quickly than on the forums https://discord.gg/tftrove
Gladiator's Perseverance is a node on the skill tree:

https://poedb.tw/us/Gladiators_Perseverance
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Right you are, that's a little embarassing.

Gladiator's Perserverance will be good with Ghost Reaver - you get the leech to your ES, if you have another source of life recovery then you will often be on full life, and the increased damage will apply whenever you are leeching (energy shield or life, doesn't matter). Again, you should go to the configuration tab in PoB, there should be a checkbox called 'Are you Leeching?' or something.
can a magic or rare item have 2-3 suffixes and no prefixes (and vice versa)?
can i sell leveled up gems to other players?
Last edited by googley_eyes on Mar 31, 2023, 11:56:09 PM
A rare item can, a magic is limited to 1 each of prefix and suffix. You can even have an item with no prefixes or suffixes if you want (just Annulment orb it down to nothing).

You can sell leveled gems to other players yes.
ah nice ok thanks.
alright so i'm reading up on implicit modifiers and i'm wondering if i can add a searing exarch mod (the one that lets me hit additional nearby targets) to the unique meginords vise gauntlets while keeping its splash damage.

i can't stack 2 ripostes, one on each weapon, and they'll each have their own independent cd right?
Last edited by googley_eyes on Apr 1, 2023, 3:40:49 PM
when building in pob, what are some baseline defenses a build needs to be viable? max hit, total hp stuff like that. does it differ for melee and ranged, bosses and mapping? can you stack 2 or 3 of armor, evasion, and shield and make it work? what about baseline total energy shield for CI builds? is spell suppression in general kinda necessary? i see it a lot in builds.
Last edited by googley_eyes on Apr 2, 2023, 11:19:02 PM
"
googley_eyes wrote:
alright so i'm reading up on implicit modifiers and i'm wondering if i can add a searing exarch mod (the one that lets me hit additional nearby targets) to the unique meginords vise gauntlets while keeping its splash damage.

i can't stack 2 ripostes, one on each weapon, and they'll each have their own independent cd right?

You can't roll them on unique items. Best way to get splash is Tribal Fury, or play a skill which doesn't require it, ... or gem swap on bosses (the worst alternative).

"
googley_eyes wrote:
when building in pob, what are some baseline defenses a build needs to be viable? max hit, total hp stuff like that. does it differ for melee and ranged, bosses and mapping? can you stack 2 or 3 of armor, evasion, and shield and make it work? what about baseline total energy shield for CI builds? is spell suppression in general kinda necessary? i see it a lot in builds.

There is just so much to take in. I'm afraid that explaining the nitty gritty details of every type of defense would be too long. Besides, they should already be covered in depth by wiki pages and YT videos. How about reading this instead?
[Guide] Comprehensive Guide To Defense In PoE - Asmo's Defense Bible

Personally, I would start by setting up a Level 94 character. Change monster type to "Guardian/Pinnacle Bosses". Setup the rest of the tree, configs and gears. Turn off guard skills, Berserk and other stuff that you'd not have any realistic uptimes. If I can hit 30k Effective Hit Pool, I think that's good to go for a typical pseudo-ranged character that must be stationary when dealing damage. If it is a strict melee, then I need more than that. If it is the type that kites from distance or can deal damage while moving, less EHP needed. If I intend to do aspirational stuff like Simulacrum or ubers, then I need more.
Last edited by jeerinho on Apr 3, 2023, 1:50:00 AM
"
jeerinho wrote:

You can't roll them on unique items. Best way to get splash is Tribal Fury, or play a skill which doesn't require it, ... or gem swap on bosses (the worst alternative).

There is just so much to take in. I'm afraid that explaining the nitty gritty details of every type of defense would be too long. Besides, they should already be covered in depth by wiki pages and YT videos. How about reading this instead?
[Guide] Comprehensive Guide To Defense In PoE - Asmo's Defense Bible

Personally, I would start by setting up a Level 94 character. Change monster type to "Guardian/Pinnacle Bosses". Setup the rest of the tree, configs and gears. Turn off guard skills, Berserk and other stuff that you'd not have any realistic uptimes. If I can hit 30k Effective Hit Pool, I think that's good to go for a typical pseudo-ranged character that must be stationary when dealing damage. If it is a strict melee, then I need more than that. If it is the type that kites from distance or can deal damage while moving, less EHP needed. If I intend to do aspirational stuff like Simulacrum or ubers, then I need more.

ooo lotta good info in that link thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info