a bunch of noob questions

so if i have a skill that deals 100% physical, am converting all physical to chaos, will tricksters harness the void work and double dip from physical damage bonuses?

also is assassin or trickster better for chaos damage builds? i was thinking about doing a reap or hexblast build but i just started the game and idk whats going on really. wanted to do chaos claws but i don't think chaos melee is even a thing soo yeah.

edit
ima pile on questions that arise during game play in this thread so i would appreciate any responses. maybe some other noobs will find the answer they need.
Last edited by googley_eyes on Mar 27, 2023, 4:44:43 PM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2023, 9:37:58 AM
Yes it would. Either ascendancy is fine. If you only care about damage though, Occultist is generally the chaos damage class.
"
TemjinGold wrote:
Yes it would. Either ascendancy is fine. If you only care about damage though, Occultist is generally the chaos damage class.

alright thanks.
is there any way to get around resolute technique to force a crit? i want to trigger the mace mastery below it which grants +20% aoe radius when you crit.

also is all conversion global? i got 20% from a claw and a chaos damage skill gem and i'm scratching my head here.

does overwhelm stack? if so is there a limit to how much i should stack it?

wth is overcharge support and how does it work?
Last edited by googley_eyes on Mar 27, 2023, 1:08:02 AM
"
googley_eyes wrote:
is there any way to get around resolute technique to force a crit? i want to trigger the mace mastery below it which grants +20% aoe radius when you crit.

also is all conversion global? i got 20% from a claw and a chaos damage skill gem and i'm scratching my head here.

does overwhelm stack? if so is there a limit to how much i should stack it?

wth is overcharge support and how does it work?

No, you can't. RT is global.
BTW Precision aura helps solve your accuracy issues.
Another thing to note is that the 20% aoe inc isn't radius. Just imagine a darts board, the outer segments are always significantly larger in area size than the inner and of course, the bullseye. The more you try to scale aoe, the more you are penalized by diminishing returns.

Damage conversion is global, unless it mentions otherwise. I realized you are trying to pair a claw with a mace? Majority of melee skill and support gems are weapon type bound. You will limit yourself to a few remaining skills and supports that can be applicable to wielding two weapon types.

Overwhelm stacks, and has a limit.

Overcharge Support somewhat turns a skill into a "utility". In this case, the utility is applying a larger Shock ailment on enemies, making monsters take more damage from your primary DPS skill.

Last edited by jeerinho on Mar 27, 2023, 5:53:12 AM
"
jeerinho wrote:

No, you can't. RT is global.
BTW Precision aura helps solve your accuracy issues.
Another thing to note is that the 20% aoe inc isn't radius. Just imagine a darts board, the outer segments are always significantly larger in area size than the inner and of course, the bullseye. The more you try to scale aoe, the more you are penalized by diminishing returns.

Damage conversion is global, unless it mentions otherwise. I realized you are trying to pair a claw with a mace? Majority of melee skill and support gems are weapon type bound. You will limit yourself to a few remaining skills and supports that can be applicable to wielding two weapon types.

Overwhelm stacks, and has a limit.

Overcharge Support somewhat turns a skill into a "utility". In this case, the utility is applying a larger Shock ailment on enemies, making monsters take more damage from your primary DPS skill.

thanks for the reply, the claw and mace builds are separate i'm just asking a bunch of random questions with no real direction.
"
jeerinho wrote:
And its supposed to be converted to radius rounded down. So if you start with 0% inc aoe you likely (depending on radius) will get less than 20% inc aoe out of that "20% inc aoe".
(The inc aoe radius rounding is one of the ugly hidden game mechanics in PoE. See here for details: https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fy2jy3/tested_various_game_mechanics_cold_conduction_aoe/ )
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
can tribal fury's splash damage aoe be increased? is it a good idea to do that? does anyone know how much splash damage is done?
Last edited by googley_eyes on Mar 28, 2023, 1:20:44 AM
It should be the same damage as your attack (so no penalty). I believe you can increase the AoE with generic AoE increases.
Last edited by TemjinGold on Mar 28, 2023, 8:29:43 AM
does gladiators perseverance interact with ghost reaver? pob says it doesn't but idk.
also does pob take into account damage conversion and withered? feelin like it doesn't.
i'm guessing i can't trade with someone in sanctum league? can i transfer my character to a league?
Last edited by googley_eyes on Mar 29, 2023, 9:40:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info