No Balance Manifestos for 3.21 - Here's Why

"
xUFOx wrote:
What I am hoping I am hearing is making more builds viable again.

People need to play a larger variety of builds that can get to the end game grind. You need to start un-nerfing and focus on that. Otherwise people will just migrate to the build that is most powerful until that is also castrated. More builds viable.

can not agree more, POE you play any way you want...

...AS ALONG AS ITS META!
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
I already made my plans for 3.21 and practiced a bit in a league start scenario. If somehow my plans get smashed because what I'm planning to play is nerfed, I'll probably just skip the league, I don't have time to remake everything. Plus I'm having fun in D3 (not having to trade and being able to drop EVERY items in an SSF environment is awesome!) so I'll keep playing it, alongside with D4 until the full release. :)

I didn't like Sanctum (one of the worst league mechanic imo) because it's too tedious, I like it simple, so next league mechanic can only be better. :)
Last edited by SlimShady63 on Mar 13, 2023, 1:57:14 AM
"
3.21 is most definitely not a nerf-fest.

Incoming nerf-fest confirmed. Lol
~Xbox GT: ScubaSk33t~
great...keep on nuking yourself league after league :)
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Wow, niceeeeee
Last edited by NikkyQ on Mar 13, 2023, 2:24:56 AM

"Our balance goals with 3.21 are to provide more options and more fun for as many builds as possible, rather than reworking game systems in potentially disruptive ways. While there are of course some small nerfs, 3.21 is most definitely not a nerf-fest."

After the last 21 months of almost exlusively nerfs, followed by one patch of rolling back the most univerally hated system POE has had (a year too late), I'll believe it when I see it.

So many builds that 3.15 killed have not been looked at since.
"
SlimShady63 wrote:
I already made my plans for 3.21 and practiced a bit in a league start scenario. If somehow my plans get smashed because what I'm planning to play is nerfed, I'll probably just skip the league, I don't have time to remake everything. Plus I'm having fun in D3 (not having to trade and being able to drop EVERY items in an SSF environment is awesome!) so I'll keep playing it, alongside with D4 until the full release. :)

I didn't like Sanctum (one of the worst league mechanic imo) because it's too tedious, I like it simple, so next league mechanic can only be better. :)

That was my Sanctum league.

My build was basically killed economically by the changes to unique jewel drops.

A 50c build became 18 divines, and after 21 months of POE making you jump through more and more hoops to have a playable build, I couldn't stomach farming that.

After playing Last Epoch for 1 weekend, I've come to realise how hard POE is working to stop you doing what you want.

Would love ingame options to switch off flask/spell/skill effects which change so much your char that you dont see anything of it, especially MTX, it defeats the purpose of them :).
Diablo 4 here we come
"
Ugh.....that means they're about to nuke all 12 of my level 100 chars with over 100+ mirrors of gear....

If they do, I will never return. ;) (until a week later)

Truthfully, though --- this lack of transparency WILL ultimately lead more and more of their playerbase to leave for garbage games like "Last Epoch." I have already seen many people leave PoE recently to play that atrociously garbage game....Now, just wait for when D4 drops... This lack of transparency will be the death of PoE if they don't stop before D4 is out.

Last Epoch is no where as good as POE has been at it's best ... but it hasn't been there for 21 months.

People (myself included) are playing Last Epoch (and Diablo 3/4, Torchlight Infinite) because POE is being balanced to make everything a hassle.

During the 12 month "Archnemesis era", I'd often create a build, get to maps, and be in a situtation where T1 maps felt like a painful, grindy deathfest for hours until I could afford to make my build work.

With 3k health and capped resists, you should feel pretty godlike in a T1 map.

That should be a benchmark GGG should balance and test around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info