DIablo IV Opena beta announced, GGG need to step up for POE 2 - Your custom char in D IV cinematic !

ggg has pushed back 3.21 to early april, i assume it's because they don't want to compete with d4 beta in march. :(

did blizzard tell them the the beta dates before they announced them publicly?
seems strange.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3351803
Last edited by DieAbolicaL on Feb 20, 2023, 11:56:01 PM
I would buy d4, only after multiple reviews.

I don't believe any hype games anymore.
Calisto protocol had massive hype before it launched and it turned out to be a massive flop after launch..

Free demo, why not.

I will still wait to see how it lands before buying it. Preorders are only for when I want to support something I feel needs the push and DIV sure as shit ain't that.

But yeah it looks fun and faithful to an older Diablo but with some nice MMO elements to give it solo longevity. I loved GW2 until they made it all about the raids a la XIV. So Diablo x GW2 sounds like a game I can easily lose a few hundred hours to.

I have SoPFFO for my deeper buildcraft needs. :)

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 21, 2023, 1:48:06 AM
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
ggg has pushed back 3.21 to early april, i assume it's because they don't want to compete with d4 beta in march. :(

did blizzard tell them the the beta dates before they announced them publicly?
seems strange.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3351803

The world of Diablo style game development is very small and full of holes. There is zero chance that DIV doesn't have ex-GGG staff in the mix. Probably a few ex-ArenaNet as well.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
It won't last for me unless they implement trade, which isn't going to happen...so story line play through then quit. They have my money, and I ordered the CE Box as well. But thats ok, I expected it.

I'm a diablo nerd.
Trade will not be added to D4

And that is a good thing in my opinion. Like D3, a player can farm any piece of gear on there own without loot drops rates being bottomed out in order to prevent over-saturation from trading.

The crafting system is simple and straight forward and allows for a player to generate the gear they are focused on getting. Being able to transfer legendary effects from one piece of gear to anther is so nice. Find/Craft the gear you want (standard preffix/suffix) then move the Legendary effect you want too it.

Only exception is Legendary Effects are tier based, so effects you find at lower levels (pre-end-game) will not transfer to gear you have later in the game. And once transferred, it can't be removed and transferred again. You need to farm up the same effect again if you want to craft another piece.

Personally I didn't use the crafting-system much until after around lvl40. So you won't really see it much in the open beta coming up.

Unique Gear wasn't hard to farm either, but was less common than legendary gear. Can't comment on Set gear, it didn't exist in last beta. Unique gear effects don't transfer and the stats on the gear will increase based on the level your playing at. So, you can replace the same named unique you got at level 30 with one that dropped at lvl 50 that has better stats. Also not all unique gear is evenly weighted on drop tables. So there are some pieces that drop more often and others that are more rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info