Alpha readers for Blackcloak sequel wanted (cover art added to OP)

Cover art for Book 2: Gildenhammer

If you have read my first book, 'Blackcloak A Man of his Sword', you may be interested in providing early impressions for the next book in the series. I know at least one of you is DTF (Down to Feedback) but anyone with existing experience of book 1 and a desire to help me hone the next entry is invited to apply. Can't pay you but I will throw a signed copy your way as thanks at some point. :)

I can provide either a word document or an epub, whichever you find more convenient.

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

PS anyone wanting to help but without book 1 knowledge can ask for a free epub of that too. I only sell it because people assume free things are worthless. Or you can be a real top bloke and buy a copy OF BOOK 1 on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Blackcloak-Sword-Bloody-Tapestry-Kaefre-ebook/dp/B00UMD9TGQ/. I am self published but not prolific, so every sale means something to me. I treasure my readers deeply. :)

For more updates, please follow: https://facebook.com/BlackcloakAManOfHisSword/

I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
Last edited by wjameschan on Mar 13, 2023, 7:03:54 PM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2024, 2:38:05 PM
Just call me DTF
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Much appreciated. :)
I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
I have been meaning to read the 1st book for a while now, it's been on the list for a couple of years.

Would be very interested to help out with the sequel; I'm currently plodding through crossroads of twilight right now on a wheel of time re-read so I'm more than down to take a break and read through Blackcloak of an evening over the next few days.

No need for a free epub, supporting artists in their work is always worth it.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
Last edited by Zionyaru on Feb 10, 2023, 4:06:18 AM
I really appreciate that, Zionyaru. And congrats on making it that far into WoT. I have tried like six times now and get stuck at book 4 -- it's not that it's too long for me, only I find some of the character traits a bit dated and frustratingly repetitive. My GF and I are rare fans of the show, because it does a good job of minimising RJord's idiosyncrasies -- and tightened the heck out of the first book, which honestly reads like a travelogue half the time. I hope the show gets up to some of the really nice action and isn't murdered by its bigger budget sibling Rings of Power (which I also managed to enjoyed once I stopped thinking of it as Tolkien and more like Tolkien fan fic; it was much more fun than Incest And Bad Wigs of Westeros).
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 10, 2023, 8:12:29 AM
"
I really appreciate that, Zionyaru. And congrats on making it that far into WoT. I have tried like six times now and get stuck at book 4 -- it's not that it's too long for me, only I find some of the character traits a bit dated and frustratingly repetitive. My GF and I are rare fans of the show, because it does a good job of minimising RJord's idiosyncrasies -- and tightened the heck out of the first book, which honestly reads like a travelogue half the time. I hope the show gets up to some of the really nice action and isn't murdered by its bigger budget sibling Rings of Power (which I also managed to enjoyed once I stopped thinking of it as Tolkien and more like Tolkien fan fic; it was much more fun than Incest And Bad Wigs of Westeros).

I made it all the way up to book 13 then never ended up buying the finale (I much prefer to read in paper, although I have been moving towards digital in recent times). I did end up picking it up last summer though which is what prompted the re-read.

As morbid as it may sound, the co-authored books which were published after Jordan passed away really benefit from Sanderson's writing style; the characters feel a lot more vibrant and the clean break from the very dry and subdued nature of Jordan's writing ironically makes the climax of the story feel like a very fun read. Jordan's style of writing is still something I very much admire, and even to some extent aspire to in my own projects, but something so epic as the wheel of time very much deserved the way the path towards the end was handled. I do have very high hopes for book 14 when I get there.

I'm looking forward to watching the series but I'm avoiding looking it up till I'm done reading. Having images put in my head of how characters should look has always been a pet peeve of mine. I vividly remember reading Eragon when I was a teenager and there being a photo of the cast of the Film/Show whatever it was on the inside of the front cover. I ended up putting about 8 post-it notes over the picture so my immersion wasn't ruined every time I accidentally flicked to the front of the book. Not sure if this is just a me thing but I absolutely can't stand it!

Also yeah, the first book of WoT is essentially a 700 page long prologue for the story as a whole, certainly takes some grit to get the wheel rolling when deciding to read the whole series :)

Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
Zionyaru wrote:

I made it all the way up to book 13 then never ended up buying the finale (I much prefer to read in paper, although I have been moving towards digital in recent times).

My Aunt gave me the first book (paperback) in '95 iirc and I had to buy each one as they came out. I have given most of them to a former co-worker who was (much) younger than me and really wanted the "paper feel"

"
and tightened the heck out of the first book, which honestly reads like a travelogue half the time.

So-*&^%$#-true
Sanderson is a fucking beast. I am not a huge fan of his style but there is no denying that he is both very prolific and very good. A rare combination in these post-Pratchettian times.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Not sure if I'll have the time to Alpha-read but do want to get the book on release :)
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
Sanderson is a fucking beast. I am not a huge fan of his style but there is no denying that he is both very prolific and very good. A rare combination in these post-Pratchettian times.

I liked his finish to WoT.
I have read a couple of his own work and quite enjoyed it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info