[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin (SSF Viable, League-start viable, Uber)

"
droshi wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
droshi wrote:
Sounds good, and freeze chance only comes from curse mastery is that right?

Your Critical hits apply Shock, Freeze and Ignite :)

oh right on hexblast it says all damage can, it looks like you have a 63% chance to freeze.

One last Q, sorry for so many, you have several places for despair (hard cast and on hit ring) I assume you just need one and you're having those just for examples that you could put it in an unset ring, or wherever, or if you get an on hit ring then not needed. Am I correct?

Sadly, no.

Hexblast consumes Despair instantly when it hits an enemy, that's why you simply must have Curse-on-Hit. The manual cast one is purely to trigger the effects of the jewel (The Balance of Terror) so that I apply Wither on Hit as well, it doesn't actually do anything for DPS otherwise.
[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:

Sadly, no.

Hexblast consumes Despair instantly when it hits an enemy, that's why you simply must have Curse-on-Hit. The manual cast one is purely to trigger the effects of the jewel (The Balance of Terror) so that I apply Wither on Hit as well, it doesn't actually do anything for DPS otherwise.

Ah I see, I'll probably just stick with wither totems for bosses, for now that seems to work fine.
84 lvl so far
im tryna get some items but i die a bit fast

dps is okey i guess i may go for t11 maps but cant do t14 maps for now

appreciate any suggestions btw ^^

Well, you're using "The Consuming Dark", which is pretty much useless, a helmet which is useless and has no life or res or regen, gloves have no life, boots have 32 life...

Basically get proper gear. Playing with 3.2k life is suicide.

I'd also swap Defiance Bannner with Dread Banner in your case, to get more chance to evade instead. Keep the Generosity.

Also, you should probably be using the full 6L, whatever it takes to free up the mana. Dropping the banner, more mana, aura reservation, whatever it takes.

EDIT: Oh, and you're using the wrong Balance of Terror. You don't care about immunity to curses, you want the one that gives Wither on Hit.

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
Last edited by CantripN on Feb 1, 2023, 11:41:44 AM
Hi there,
thanks for the build guide. I'm playing a Hexblast-Sabo with "Rathpidth Globe" and "Dissolution of the flesh". It's a lot of dmg an blasting al bosses in seconds - like this build also does.

BUT why are you not going to lower the elemental resistance with dpuble curse (Ele weaknes + Conductivity/Frostbite/Flammability and "Explosive elements" from tree"?

Lowering Ele-Res should be the best way to scale dmg as Hexblast is choosing the LOWEST resistance of the nemy.
"
Braan79 wrote:
Hi there,
thanks for the build guide. I'm playing a Hexblast-Sabo with "Rathpidth Globe" and "Dissolution of the flesh". It's a lot of dmg an blasting al bosses in seconds - like this build also does.

BUT why are you not going to lower the elemental resistance with dpuble curse (Ele weaknes + Conductivity/Frostbite/Flammability and "Explosive elements" from tree"?

Lowering Ele-Res should be the best way to scale dmg as Hexblast is choosing the LOWEST resistance of the nemy.

That part of Hexblast only applies to the hit-damage, and does nothing at all for Poison :)

That's why we're using Despair.

It also lets us use Temp Chains to get a huge defensive boost (which let me get to 100 very casually) which also doubles as DPS.

Last edited by CantripN on Feb 1, 2023, 3:41:50 PM
Hi, I'm probably not the audience this guide is aimed at.

I only started with POE 2 weeks ago and since then I've tried to recreate several builds, but always lost interest. Be it the strictness of the guide or simply the lack of fun.
Your guide is the only guide I've found that isn't just a 1 to 1 copy of another build and tries to explain the background of the build. I'm very inquisitive and I easily spent 3 hours trying to understand the build at all because, as I said, I'm new to the game. The deepness of this guide is so damn good.
I really like how it explains that you have other options and on what basis you choose them.

I'm not high level, probably late midgame, and only recently switched to Hexblast, but with your guidance, it's worked out better than any other character so far.

Yes i needed to look things up, and yes it was complicated sometimes, but I learned more about the game while researching :D, it was fun.

I'm really grateful for this guide and happy that I have my first dream character.

Thank you very much!
"
Yhouni wrote:
Hi, I'm probably not the audience this guide is aimed at.

I only started with POE 2 weeks ago and since then I've tried to recreate several builds, but always lost interest. Be it the strictness of the guide or simply the lack of fun.
Your guide is the only guide I've found that isn't just a 1 to 1 copy of another build and tries to explain the background of the build. I'm very inquisitive and I easily spent 3 hours trying to understand the build at all because, as I said, I'm new to the game. The deepness of this guide is so damn good.
I really like how it explains that you have other options and on what basis you choose them.

I'm not high level, probably late midgame, and only recently switched to Hexblast, but with your guidance, it's worked out better than any other character so far.

Yes i needed to look things up, and yes it was complicated sometimes, but I learned more about the game while researching :D, it was fun.

I'm really grateful for this guide and happy that I have my first dream character.

Thank you very much!

Happy to help :)

The goal is to have fun and learn along the way, not just follow a strict guideline, I agree. It's just not as fun (for me) when there's no thinking and experimentation involved. If you don't learn the "why", it makes it very hard to adapt things and get better with time.

Welcome to PoE, the game where you can be 2000 hours into the game and still have way more to learn :)

Oh, and you're for sure part of the audience!

Last edited by CantripN on Feb 2, 2023, 3:26:54 PM
I tried to put this together, my Single target just sucks...If you get a min can you look at Kiss_My_Assassin and see what I could do. Thanks
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
I tried to put this together, my Single target just sucks...If you get a min can you look at Kiss_My_Assassin and see what I could do. Thanks

Short answer is, it actually is low (relatively).
Your gear isn't correct in a lot of ways, and those things matter.

Helmet is missing mine throwing speed, enchants, anoints.
Asenath's is great (well, it isn't, but it does give temp chains on hit), but if you're using that, put Despair 21/20 in the Profane Proxy and do NOT use a Curse on Hit ring for Despair 1 (lowers DPS drastically).
Boots have no crit chance nor implicits.
Amulet has no anoint and nothing much else, just dot multi and life.
Belt has no throwing speed...
Abyssal jewel just has life.
Medium Jewel has Surprise Sabotage which does nothing more or less.

Worst of all, you're missing 20% Spell Suppression, and that will get you killed. Fix that more than anything.

Rare jewels would also go a long way to get more DPS (and life). Hell, a Watcher's Eye would be great, too.

Last edited by CantripN on Feb 6, 2023, 2:06:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info