[3.20] [SC] Oro's Flickering Flame Slayer: League-start-capable Flicker Strike

What can I farm on this build to buy expensive things? I and my friend started playing this build and he dies at 7-8 maps, although he has good armor and has this unique sword
"
liowaart wrote:
What can I farm on this build to buy expensive things? I and my friend started playing this build and he dies at 7-8 maps, although he has good armor and has this unique sword

Make sure he's got at least 4k life, and is also making use of Molten Shell. Once geared & played properly, it will do red maps. A lot of the trick is that if a tough enemy (like a rare mob) doesn't die near-instantly, leap slam away rather than just facetanking it until it (or more often, you) die.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
A huge boost in survivability for me was getting 100% ailment avoidance. I noticed almost all my deaths were from ignite or some effect of shock, and that with the new shock avoid -> all elemental avoid gem I could get there with just a tweak to the boots:

With the 49% from screaming essence of torment, 33% from an eldritch implicit, and the other 20% from the Thick Skin we already take, combined with the new Stormshroud Viridian Jewel we have complete elemental ailment immunity.

This also means that we can switch over our minor god to Abberath in order to ignore the burning ground from searing exarch alters. Once we have a way to deal with stuns we can also drop The Brine King for Arakaali. The easiest way right now being an unwavering stance invocation corruption on your relic.
What would I need to change to run this build with Vaal Flicker Strike?
I don't understand something. You use bronn's to get +5 lvl to flicker and movement skill damage, and you use corrupted oro's to get fortify support, so, should I put the 6 link in oro's or bronn's?
Hey, I just got lvl 100 and im just so far behind in damage I cant figure out whats wrong. I feel like im missing something important. POB reads my DPS at 700k when I should be around 5m I would guess. Please help.
Last edited by Kainnek on Jan 23, 2023, 3:35:52 PM
Hey.

(In POB) Single Mana cost of flickerstrike is 59 and per second it is 184,68 .

Mana regen is 13,1 and Mana leech 149,2.

That woud be combined 162,3 .

---

is 22,38 additional mana needet (per second) to sustain ?
Or How you sustain perma Flicker ??

---

Last edited by PathOfBTA on Mar 26, 2023, 6:34:32 AM
Are you going to post an updated version for 3.21? And can you post a gamepaly video? Thanks!
"
Ordinaris wrote:
Are you going to post an updated version for 3.21? And can you post a gamepaly video? Thanks!

I am in the process of revising for 3.21, though it might not be updated properly in time for league launch.

Though I can say that initial starting should be basically the same. The main thing I'll have to work out is that the later scaling originally relied on a precarious balancing act with its reservations, and with GGG just up and dumpstering the masteries, that obviously won't work anymore.

So with that barrier, until I re-work it, it'll still go to around 1-2 million DPS, which may still be sufficient for tackling things like some of the more basic map/endgame grind. If your goal was to swap to a higher-ceiling flicker build after farming, then this will work just the same. Otherwise, I should have a revision for that part of the progression out in the next day or two, although it will be more expensive than it was before.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
I just respecced my bricked lvl 85 cyclone slayer into this build. I picked up Charisma and the mana reservation works fine honestly.

Laughing my ass off from flickering, thx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info