Where to Find Info on Launch Day

What a wonderful direction!
This type of stuff need to be more visible on the front page(pathofexile.com) permanently. Not just under news section for a day or two to be lost immediately.

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by Sandman297 on Dec 8, 2022, 11:33:28 AM
I see that you want to leave the Reddit-ragekiddies behind you. But leaving reddit means even more loosing the connection to your community.
Twitter is crap as a News channel and your Forum/newspost are bad for replying etc.
Is see and understand the reasons-but the decision itself is bad.
IGN: Nepumok
Could we have clarification on if super ultrawide aspect ratios will one day be supported or not?

I know that you said that you had to lock it at 21:9 max, but I find it unclear if this is a gameplay limitation that you want to impose forever or a technical limitation that forced you to lock it at 21:9.

I just want to know if it's a work in progress on your side or at least considered as a "nice to have feature for POE2/future updates" or if it's something that you do not want to allow in POE.

A lot of people speculate that it's a competitive limitation, but I find your wording unclear on the subject. I just want to know what's your position on higher than 21:9 POE gameplay, if it's something that will one day happen or not.

I would love to know if I will be able to play at 32:9 in the future like I did for the past years prior to 3.19.

Thanks
Thank god!!! Always hated Reddit and having to jump from one place to another to find info - excellent choice
That’s a great idea!

Happy to never, ever have to go to Reddit again.
As long as information isn't lost in pages and pages of sycophants replying "Nice!" or "POG" or whatever - as they do to anything posted - then this is good.
Last edited by BigFrog49 on Dec 8, 2022, 12:28:44 PM
I told my wife about this post. She called me a nerd.
Switching off of Reddit while continuing with Twitter is strictly worse in every sense for engagement, empirical usage, and of course, supporting a platform that actively promotes every form of hate imaginable. While not every issue needs a social impact attached to it, it's glaring that a website that had active discussions between development/management/PR of GGG and players is going by the wayside at a time during the most unpopular league with the most unpopular changes ever made.

Reverting to a heavily moderated forum with vertical control by the company that has a vested interest in controlling the critical discussion is anathema to the "transparency" and "honesty" that GGG has prided itself in throughout the company's life.

While relatively unsurprising given the financial impact of players voicing their concerns and dislike for objectively bad changes (given the reversions made), it's a marked departure from the culture of GGG that is frankly, troubling. Retreating to a forum in which the discussion will undoubtedly skew toward sycophantic, self fulfilling positivity will almost assuredly lead GGG down the path of so many companies that become fully detached from their community's concerns and criticisms - which are vital to the prolonged success of any venture.

EDIT: Also, functionally this forum is absolutely horrendous for any relevant discussion on any information posted whatsoever. Sifting through replies or pages of replies with multiple overlapping conversations is incredibly frustrating. I would suggest that it's only ever effective, in its current format, of burying any criticism or discussion. Instead, you have like 10 pages of one word "nice" "pog" spam. Simply worse than Reddit in every way.
Last edited by Jayos on Dec 8, 2022, 1:35:43 PM
The new information sharing format + keeping everything in one place here at your webpage seems like a good and efficient way of handling things. Good job!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info