[3.20] Wave of Conviction Build(League Starter)| Elementalist | Forbidden Sanctum|Path of Exile 3.20

Hey guys, ignite wave of conviction elementalist build is here. This is a league starter build.
Wave of Conviction is a skill gem that creates an expanding wave of energy that surges forward, damaging enemies in a cone-shaped AoE over a duration.

Build Cost
- Low Budget: 0-20 div

Skin of the Lords: This unique body armour is great for the build but it might be expensive or hard to find at the beginning of the league. Use a rare one until you can afford it.

The Devouring Diadem: This helmet is also expensive at the beginning of the league. You can get Eldritch Battery from skill tree until you get the item.

Berek's Respite: If you don't have this ring you should use one of these:
- Ignite Proliferation (Support Gem)
- Fan the Flames (Cluster Notable)

Endurance Charges: Enduring Composure (Cluster Notable)

Upgrades:
- Awakened Gems (Burning Damage, Unbound Ailments and Deadly Ailments, Added Fire Damage)
- Exceptional Gems (Enlighten, Empower)
- Watcher's Eye (#% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence)
- Rings (Polaric Devastation)
- Cluster Jewels
Large (Fire): Prismatic Heart / Burning Bright / Widespread Destruction
Large (Physical): Battle-Hardened / Iron Breaker / Furious Assault
Medium: Blowback / Cooked Alive - Wasting Affliction

Leveling: Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/b7CPQnLW

Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/dOBU

Build Video: https://youtu.be/F5zo-rQbF4k

Bandits: Kill All

3.20 CHANGES:
- Curse changes:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3323944#curses

(Footage is from 3.19)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Wave of Conviction - Unbound Ailments - Deadly Ailments - Burning Damage - Swift Affliction - Added Fire Damage

Hatred - Divine Blessing - Lifetap - Increased Duration / Vaal Molten Shell - Increased Duration

Herald of Purity - Malevolence - Determination - Defiance Banner

Arcanist Brand - Flammability - Flame Surge - Summon Stone Golem

Flame Dash - Holy Flame Totem - Combustion
Last edited by wishdropper on Dec 9, 2022, 7:06:31 AM
Last bumped on May 3, 2023, 10:47:43 AM
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for :-)

I have 2 questions for you:
1. With the curses rework, is there any penalty casting it through Arcanist Brand?
2. Seeing how curses now work on bosses, do you think there is room for a 2nd curse like Elemental Weakness?
Last edited by thomzon on Dec 5, 2022, 4:56:38 AM
"
1. With the curses rework, is there any penalty casting it through Arcanist Brand?
2. Seeing how curses now work on bosses, do you think there is room for a 2nd curse like Elemental Weakness?

1. Arcanist was not mentioned getting a penalty for casting curses.
2. For comparision, I removed the Stone Golem and added Elemental Weakness gem in. I got about 10% more damage. To get the extra curse, you have several options:
Doedre's Damning (ring) - replace rare ring, or Berek by using ignite prof. I would probably remove Added fire, but Awakened Added Fire is better.
Corrupt your amulet - very unlikely
Annoint for extra curse - You lose the dmg from Searing Heat. You got the same dmg again. Then I rather save the gem slot and get some more life regen then another curse.

Maybe a good crafted chest item could make up for the extra curse, but I am not knowledgeable enough about crafting.
Looking at your video it is extremely slow when it comes to map clear and you doin maven instead of uber maven is red flag. League starters that do not do uber maven on first day of league are dead on arrival.
Also hatred on divine blessing with lifetap doesn't work anymore. That means this build will deal no damage at all compared to the legacy version.

How would you improve the map clear on tight budget(aka league start) except respec to EK ofcourse? Also at league start which of these do we use

And I nearly forgot to ask, how to fit 600mf and 150item quant in to this build? Thanks.

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Dec 7, 2022, 8:04:04 PM
"
CAKE wrote:
Looking at your video it is extremely slow when it comes to map clear and you doin maven instead of uber maven is red flag. League starters that do not do uber maven on first day of league are dead on arrival.
Also hatred on divine blessing with lifetap doesn't work anymore. That means this build will deal no damage at all compared to the legacy version.

How would you improve the map clear on tight budget(aka league start) except respec to EK ofcourse? Also at league start which of these do we use

And I nearly forgot to ask, how to fit 600mf and 150item quant in to this build? Thanks.

Nice troll
"

Nice troll

Spoken like someone that never played good build.
You think seismic trappers are going to wait untill end of the league to kill ubers?
Or venom gyre builds will not clear maps for first 2 weeks to allow you to catch up?
That is not how it works.
And that still does not mention the actual best builds, because best builds need little more currency for inspired learning or hh and after that they ignore gear for sake of more MF. (lightning arrow, tornado, kinetic blast...)

Pure bossing build like path of math presented 1 shots uber maven at low budget, i do not expect all builds to do that but when they are this slow in maps i kinda do.
https://youtu.be/3YYh-gkxNFg

After 3 hours from start of the league i expect to be in red map by spamming leap slam+frostblink+arrow(by x-swapping) and after that if i can not ssf at least 50 divine orbs of currency in same day by speed clearing maps what is the point of playing.
I'm not here to have fun, I'm here to fill my excel sheets.
"
CAKE wrote:
"

Nice troll

Spoken like someone that never played good build.
You think seismic trappers are going to wait untill end of the league to kill ubers?
Or venom gyre builds will not clear maps for first 2 weeks to allow you to catch up?
That is not how it works.
And that still does not mention the actual best builds, because best builds need little more currency for inspired learning or hh and after that they ignore gear for sake of more MF. (lightning arrow, tornado, kinetic blast...)

Pure bossing build like path of math presented 1 shots uber maven at low budget, i do not expect all builds to do that but when they are this slow in maps i kinda do.
https://youtu.be/3YYh-gkxNFg

After 3 hours from start of the league i expect to be in red map by spamming leap slam+frostblink+arrow(by x-swapping) and after that if i can not ssf at least 50 divine orbs of currency in same day by speed clearing maps what is the point of playing.
I'm not here to have fun, I'm here to fill my excel sheets.

Well, if that's your goal good for you, but if you're that good and play that many good builds, you don't need to be here right?

Also, he specified in his post that it's a 0-20 divine budget. If you want more, Mr Gigachad, go in PoB and have fun min-maxing the build for yourself. Don't judge someone else's build because it doesn't meet your criteria.

Gl in the league!
"

Well, if that's your goal good for you, but if you're that good and play that many good builds, you don't need to be here right?

Also, he specified in his post that it's a 0-20 divine budget. If you want more, Mr Gigachad, go in PoB and have fun min-maxing the build for yourself. Don't judge someone else's build because it doesn't meet your criteria.

Gl in the league!

First builds i mentioned are SSF RACE viable so they are 0d budget i do not know what is your point with that one.
Spoiler
You want to tell me that you need 200divine orbs for seismic traps? Dude it is popular HC SSF Gaunlet build. And for the other builds i mention specifically that they cost more so are not true league starters.

path of math build is under 10div and does 1shot uber bosses. But this one is not SSF viable because you need unique items. It is still good example of what can be achieved at low-end of budgets tho.

How else to judge anything in existence without using my subjective criteria? That literally makes no sense. You are asking for "Opinionless opinion" To judge is synonym of "give opinion"

Also I'd argue that the bossing, magic finding and speed clearing are how most people judge how good build is. You do not see people praising unbuffed default attack builds that are killing uber shaper for 12 weeks. Because very few people are like "I want the slowest, lowest dps build that earns me the least loot possible per minute"

To not futher derail the thread this is my last reply to you.

I'll leave you with my plan on how to get lvl 100 in under 40minutes from start of the league https://youtu.be/5QmTUQbfdok

Thanks for wishing me luck, I'll need it to get at least few mirrors in the first day. See you in the ladder
"
CAKE wrote:
"

Gl in the league!

First builds i mentioned are SSF RACE viable so they are 0d budget i do not know what is your point with that one.
Spoiler
You want to tell me that you need 200divine orbs for seismic traps? Dude it is popular HC SSF Gaunlet build. And for the other builds i mention specifically that they cost more so are not true league starters.

path of math build is under 10div and does 1shot uber bosses. But this one is not SSF viable because you need unique items. It is still good example of what can be achieved at low-end of budgets tho.

How else to judge anything in existence without using my subjective criteria? That literally makes no sense. You are asking for "Opinionless opinion" To judge is synonym of "give opinion"

Also I'd argue that the bossing, magic finding and speed clearing are how most people judge how good build is. You do not see people praising unbuffed default attack builds that are killing uber shaper for 12 weeks. Because very few people are like "I want the slowest, lowest dps build that earns me the least loot possible per minute"

To not futher derail the thread this is my last reply to you.

I'll leave you with my plan on how to get lvl 100 in under 40minutes from start of the league https://youtu.be/5QmTUQbfdok

Thanks for wishing me luck, I'll need it to get at least few mirrors in the first day. See you in the ladder

why did u even ask a question/reply? LMAO the build creator never even mentioned anything about endgame content, it was a straight forward english written build post xDDDD ggg see u on the ladder <3
"
wishdropper wrote:

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Wave of Conviction - Unbound Ailments - Deadly Ailments - Burning Damage - Swift Affliction - Added Fire Damage

Hatred - Divine Blessing - Lifetap - Increased Duration / Vaal Molten Shell - Increased Duration

Herald of Purity - Malevolence - Determination - Defiance Banner

Arcanist Brand - Flammability - Flame Surge - Summon Stone Golem

Flame Dash - Holy Flame Totem - Combustion

Hello! Can you explain to me how the staff gems works? I'm already using it but I can't activate Hatred nor see if it activates itself... Kinda noob here.

EDIT: I found what I did wrong. I don't have enough mana cuz of malevo + clarity + purity hahahaha oh GOD how could I NOT see this..... Turns out in order to use Hatred I need to deactivate all my auras. Not gonna work yet, still need to upgrade my gear.

EDIT²: Anyway, it is linked to Lifetap, so, why it is not taking from my HP instead of MP? What am I doing wrong?

My actual build:

Spoiler

And everything is piece of cake until Kitava's second debuff. I need to finish the acts, tho, that's why I'm not yet worried about better gear.
Last edited by Vensatra on Dec 15, 2022, 6:46:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info