[PlayStation] 3.19.1c Hotfix 3 Patch Notes

tysm ggg we love you best league for console ever
😂 👍
Can we have South African Servers on console please? Thanks
oh I disable sounds anyways, because of you know, it helps with performance, which is really bad on PS4.

At last. I was having this problem several times a day. Thanks you Mr Unknown programmer who put some effort into fixing this. Kudos my friend.
"
harhaqvei wrote:
They did something for us they didnt even need to do. Be happy.

They kinda have to or at one point Sony would remove them from store. With all the bugs we have POE is borderline unplayable. Imagine having whisper trade only when Joinbug still exists.
"
Console-specific notes
Fixed a bug that prevented sounds from playing.

Could it be? It is!

*insert old guy at a laser rave "It's Happening!" meme*

I did 4 celebratory Heists and a Blueprint to confirm although I'm not playing much anymore.
That's a tame description for the bug that sounds like the sound engine just crashes and almost takes your audio hardware with it.

It would be great to get a little post mortem for this one. Not as a big News post or anything just for us who were invested in figuring it out.
My money is on the audio resource system getting corrupted/overloaded and trying to play non sound data from memory. But that's still too vague, would really like to know what caused it and how you finally found the cause, or maybe you didn't but implemented more safety checks/made it more robust. Anyway, I'm intrigued.

Discussing how much time the console team get's allotted for actually fixing stuff and that we all would have liked to have this fixed sooner is moot.

My item filter was loaded (usually had to go to options and expand the item filter list to get it to synch) when I logged in and Faustus only played one voice line when I sold him a Heist reward item instead of two overlapping lines. Maybe the console team silently fixed some more stuff while they were at it?

<edit>
I feel like sounds are more staggered when I hit masses of enemies with my Glacial Hammer. Maybe the fix was not trying to play too many sounds at the same time which might have happened on opening reward chests.
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind1 on Oct 11, 2022, 6:48:20 AM
Thanks a lot for your work.
Hooray!
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
oh I disable sounds anyways, because of you know, it helps with performance, which is really bad on PS4.

Performance Problems with sound you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGRf-G77X0
I know, I know, old issue of hitting stuff that is invulnerable, still, should be handled by the game engine.
I unfortunately have a treasure trove of videos of bad deaths. There is almost never a death where I thought "Shouldn't have done that", it's either "What happened?" or "What is this crap?!". Magma Barrier is still a scourge on this game. It can often kill me quicker than I can get away. It's ok in isolation and without bad mods but as soon as something slows you down (I'm a slow 2h attacker) or stuns you, even for a short amount, those balls of death just smash you to pulp.
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind1 on Oct 13, 2022, 7:32:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info