Looks like POE's got some competition.

I have been following the development of this game for some time. Here's some info:

- President of Gazillion Entertainment is David Brevik. The crator of Diablo I and II. He was the president of Blizzard North for 7 years.

- The main writer is Brian Micheal Bendis. Author of Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, Secret Invasion etc. One of the most popular comic-book authors.

- Gazillion's Secret Identity Studios was specially set up for this game. There are developers from Blizzard North, Maxis, Crystal Dynamics, Shaba, Wizards of the Coast, etc.

- The game uses Unreal Engine 3.

- Free to play.

- You play as the actual Marvel characters. The roster will be bigger than any other Marvel game's roster.

- Randomized environments, randomized loot.

- There will be public social hubs and public randomized combat zones which includes random events.

- There will be instanced dungeons and zones also.

- The game includes famous locations such as Midtown Manhattan, the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, Savage Land, Hell’s Kitchen, Mutant Town etc.

- Characters will have personality and relationships. Deadpool talks to himself, Wolverine gets angry near Cyclops etc.

- Players will craft costumes for characters and customize their appearance.

- There will be unique powers and shared powers for characters.

- Players are gonna collect powers from enemies.

- Dr. Doom is the main villain.

- Story delivery won’t simply be through quest text boxes, but through full color comic-book style animated sequences with full voice acting to highlight major moments.

- Every hero has 5 stats: Accuracy, Agility, Energy, Strength, Will.

- Gear can affect your powers, stats and trigger special powers.

- The art style is realistic. But comic-book feel of characters are tried to be kept.

- Combat is gonna be fast but really deep. David Brevik says the game will definetely attract hardcore base too.

- PC-only.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
permaximum wrote:
I have been following the development of this game for some time. Here's some info:

- President of Gazillion Entertainment is David Brevik. The crator of Diablo I and II. He was the president of Blizzard North for 7 years.

- The main writer is Brian Micheal Bendis. Author of Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, Secret Invasion etc. One of the most popular comic-book authors.

- Gazillion's Secret Identity Studios was specially set up for this game. There are developers from Blizzard North, Maxis, Crystal Dynamics, Shaba, Wizards of the Coast, etc.

- The game uses Unreal Engine 3.

- Free to play.

- You play as the actual Marvel characters. The roster will be bigger than any other Marvel game's roster.

- Randomized environments, randomized loot.

- There will be public social hubs and public randomized combat zones which includes random events.

- There will be instanced dungeons and zones also.

- The game includes famous locations such as Midtown Manhattan, the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, Savage Land, Hell’s Kitchen, Mutant Town etc.

- Characters will have personality and relationships. Deadpool talks to himself, Wolverine gets angry near Cyclops etc.

- Players will craft costumes for characters and customize their appearance.

- There will be unique powers and shared powers for characters.

- Players are gonna collect powers from enemies.

- Dr. Doom is the main villain.

- Story delivery won’t simply be through quest text boxes, but through full color comic-book style animated sequences with full voice acting to highlight major moments.

- Every hero has 5 stats: Accuracy, Agility, Energy, Strength, Will.

- Gear can affect your powers, stats and trigger special powers.

- The art style is realistic. But comic-book feel of characters are tried to be kept.

- Combat is gonna be fast but really deep. David Brevik says the game will definetely attract hardcore base too.

- PC-only.

Excellent data, thank you.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
Well looks interesting,but superheroes games are a bit US centric and not very popular in other places like eu IMO.Correct me if I'm wrong,but are Mervel or DC popular outside US?Also the PC-only nature of the game will further limit the market that they are aiming for.
Last edited by BlackAdderBG on May 23, 2012, 9:58:01 AM
"
BlackAdderBG wrote:
Well looks interesting,but superheroes games are a bit US centric and not very popular in other places like eu IMO.Correct me if I'm wrong,but are Mervel or DC popular outside US?Also the PC-only nature of the game will further limit the market that they are aiming for.

Might be an opportunity to help expand the impact already being made in the EU and elsewhere by superhero movies, which most certainly are popular there. Cross-marketing helps to capture an audience whose attention has already been drawn. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
permaximum wrote:

- Free to play.

F2P or P2W?
"
BlackAdderBG wrote:

Biggest Deadpool fan I know is from Holland.

Marvel's pretty big in Australia.

There's a bunch of very popular Marvel movies. You might have heard of the latest, it was called 'The Avengers'. It did fairly well at the box office.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
"
BlackAdderBG wrote:

I don't know why do you think that way because Marvel characters and Batman, Superman are all very popular in my Euroasian country.

For example, a lot of people (non-gamers) don't even have a clue about Half-Life or WoW or Diablo. But most of them know Spider-Man, Batman, Superman.
become a monster.
"
haloja wrote:
"
permaximum wrote:

- Free to play.

F2P or P2W?

the burning question..
We fall in line, we live the lie. It grows inside, nowhere to hide.
Give up and feed the machine. Wake up and kill the machine.
"
permaximum wrote:
"
BlackAdderBG wrote:

I don't know why do you think that way because Marvel characters and Batman, Superman are all very popular in my Euroasian country.

For example, a lot of people (non-gamers) don't even have a clue about Half-Life or WoW or Diablo. But most of them know Spider-Man, Batman, Superman.

And that is all they know.Do they know who Dr. Doom,Cyclops,this Deadpool dude are,or places like "Midtown Manhattan, the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, Savage Land, Hell’s Kitchen, Mutant Town"?Most of them will probably know Gotham City just by name.My point is that there is great background to all this characters and places that will be interesting to fans ,but people that are new to them will find it hard to care.It is different for films where you always can pull a good script or famous actor to carry the weight.
You're right but what's the disadvantage compared with other games? If anything there's an advantage because everyone recognizes those three names.
become a monster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info