[3.24] Devon's Frostblink Elementalist - The Hotstepper | Build of the Week! | 9M+ DoT DPS

I've had a great time with this build, with some small changes to boost DPS in the endgame. Notably, you'll want to get the fire exposure influenced implicit on your gloves, swap Waves of Conviction for Elemental Weakness and use a Flammability gem in your arcanist's brand setup as well. This requires you to grab an extra curse. I just used four points for it, but there's probably a more efficient way to do it.

With convergence up and scorched ground down, I'm at a bit over 11 million DPS, though my HP pool suffers a bit because of it.

I've done all pinnacles, wave 30 simi (one double boss wave 30 complete, another bricked because of mods), uber eater, shaper and elder, as well as the feared.

The map clear is astoundingly fast, though looting and backtracking are both a pain (this can be solved by slotting shield charge+faster attacks. You should have the sockets for it).

The build's defensive layers don't really hold up at high juice, but its mobility does a lot to keep it alive, especially when fighting ubers.

Overall, would recommend. The budget loadout is super attainable, and it gets through acts super fast if you've bought leveling gear. I'll add that the build itself is a blast to play.

POB for those interested: https://pastebin.com/1xULD249
Thinking about giving this character a go, why does your skill have 7 gems in the pob though?
You swap ignite prolif in for one of the others while mapping.

I thought gem swapping was too big a pain and got the ignite spread eldritch implicit
"
lf_Stalled wrote:
You swap ignite prolif in for one of the others while mapping.

I thought gem swapping was too big a pain and got the ignite spread eldritch implicit

Nice that sounds a lot better, what did you end up rolling the ignite spread implicit on?
You roll it on gloves. I don't know that it appears in the pools of any other equipment slots.
Thoughts for this build with the announced 2.21 changes?
"
Foxkin wrote:
Thoughts for this build with the announced 2.21 changes?

I am doing the tree on the PoE Planner as we speak. I'll update the gear with my character from last league as that was the best version of it.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
PoB updated.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
What's your opinion on Eye of Malice instead of Heatshiver? We can get a bunch of negative resistances on monsters.
Also, you didn't use Pyre ring in your 3.21 POB, so how can you achieve cold to fire conversion? (except for cold to fire support gem)
Last edited by alicereborn on Apr 5, 2023, 12:43:17 PM
"
alicereborn wrote:
What's your opinion on Eye of Malice instead of Heatshiver? We can get a bunch of negative resistances on monsters.
Also, you didn't use Pyre ring in your 3.21 POB, so how can you achieve cold to fire conversion? (except for cold to fire support gem)

You don't need full fire conversion, elementalist damage always ignites, it's only important that Fire > Cold for the more multiplier on elemenetalist so no need for pyre.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info