[3.24] Devon's Frostblink Elementalist - The Hotstepper | Build of the Week! | 9M+ DoT DPS

I was thinking of starting next league with some kind of Ignite Prolif (possible patch changes notwithstanding).

I saw that you don't recommend for league start (very sensible), but do you think this could be a reasonable first ~week/weekend pivot from something like Wave of Conviction?

Looks like a perfect build for my style of play!

Thanks for the awesome guide, and congrats on BotW!
Really very very funny

For levelling i used Honourhome for the +2 socketed gems .

On rings Emberwake with his additional ignite on an enemy seems to be powerfull associated with pyre

for the moment i use Cruelty rather than lifetap : Seem to give much more ignite dps (pob results), it s a little bit surprising...
and surprising too, Pob shows no effect of the level and the quality of cruelty: ''increased effect of cruelty granted by supported skills'' has no effect ( same thing for the mastery node which gives ''30% increased effect of cruelty'' : no effect...) . i dont understand why an increased effect shows no effect...
"
fredericreg wrote:
Really very very funny

For levelling i used Honourhome for the +2 socketed gems .

On rings Emberwake with his additional ignite on an enemy seems to be powerfull associated with pyre

for the moment i use Cruelty rather than lifetap : Seem to give much more ignite dps (pob results), it s a little bit surprising...
and surprising too, Pob shows no effect of the level and the quality of cruelty: ''increased effect of cruelty granted by supported skills'' has no effect ( same thing for the mastery node which gives ''30% increased effect of cruelty'' : no effect...) . i dont understand why an increased effect shows no effect...

Cruelty does practicaly nothing on this build since the hit is small.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
That s why the Pob's important amount of ignite dps with cruelty (+28%) surprised me...I can t understand where those 28% came from....a bug in Pob?
"
fredericreg wrote:
That s why the Pob's important amount of ignite dps with cruelty (+28%) surprised me...I can t understand where those 28% came from....a bug in Pob?
It assumes that the hit applies the strongest cruelty effect, which is very wrong. Applies practically 0% of it.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Very interested in starting with this. I made a POB where I'd level up with Armageddon Brand and convert about yellow maps when I have the meager currency for a few of these uniques. Here is the POB, redoing the leveling trees for using Brands, added gem setups & some notes. The last two trees are yours.

https://pastebin.com/U8P0SZCC

The dodge/avoid defenses are insane, but once a hit makes it through there's very little mitigation there to not get one-shot.

Devon - My questions:

1. I see you made it to level 98 which is amazing. I've never made it past 96, usually because I start occasionally dying in T16 maps and sort of lose progress as fast as I gain it then get annoyed by it and quit. You must have not died a lot at all to get to 98. How often did you actually die?

2. I think we could swap Impressence out for Aul's as Purity costs more mana than Blasphemy-Flammability. This frees up a descent amount of mana, then you can drop Lifetap on Frostblink to add Awakened unbound ailments which bumps DOT DPS up by about 10% and doubles the ignite duration or you could go with awakened burning damage which is a 20% DOT boost. You would likely need to add a passive point or two for mana regen though.
Last edited by Ravenous0001 on Dec 4, 2022, 7:12:52 PM
"
Ravenous0001 wrote:
Devon - My questions:

1. I see you made it to level 98 which is amazing. I've never made it past 96, usually because I start occasionally dying in T16 maps and sort of lose progress as fast as I gain it then get annoyed by it and quit. You must have not died a lot at all to get to 98. How often did you actually die?

2. I think we could swap Impressence out for Aul's as Purity costs more mana than Blasphemy-Flammability. This frees up a descent amount of mana, then you can drop Lifetap on Frostblink to add Awakened unbound ailments which bumps DOT DPS up by about 10% and doubles the ignite duration or you could go with awakened burning damage which is a 20% DOT boost. You would likely need to add a passive point or two for mana regen though.

1. Once you get your defences up and running you don't really die a lot. Even if you get hit wind dancer or whatever it's called usually saves your life and by the time you get hit again it's usually up again. Another thing is that once you hit a certain damage threshold you kill stuff before it can kill you and last but not least this build is HIGHLY mobile so with enough skill and attention you can actually physically dodge most of the shit that comes flying your way.

2. Yes aul's is an option and most likely could be a viable alternative. I haven't tested it in game though so it's hard to say from the top of my mind. The idea is sound though.
Thanks for updating the details for 3.20!
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Ravenous0001 wrote:
Devon - My questions:

1. Once you get your defences up and running you don't really die a lot. Even if you get hit wind dancer or whatever it's called usually saves your life and by the time you get hit again it's usually up again. Another thing is that once you hit a certain damage threshold you kill stuff before it can kill you and last but not least this build is HIGHLY mobile so with enough skill and attention you can actually physically dodge most of the shit that comes flying your way.

2. Yes aul's is an option and most likely could be a viable alternative. I haven't tested it in game though so it's hard to say from the top of my mind. The idea is sound though.

Nice updates to the POB. Improved DPS, avoid chance, tankiness at the same time. Not sure why you path to the right in the leveling builds instead of pathing to the left like the final builds show. It's very little difference in leveling QOL and more regrets. When I leveled up as Wave of Conviction, pathing to the left it worked just fine and I ended up getting all necessary DPS from the fire nodes up top before branching to the right side of the tree. Also good to see a lot of the more chase upgrades that are available. That new flask with chaos resist and life damage taken over time looks like it'd be a nice addition to the build as well.
In the POB how are you converted to fire?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info