Characters reset?

Thanks for all the comments, but after all you're just giving your (noteworthy) opinions. I definitly agree on setting everything to zero!

Afterall is/was there an official statement about this theme? From the comments I conclude different games handle it different...
As somebody already said, there MUST be a character wipe when it goes live, but a reset between closed and open beta I'm not really sure.
"
iareplaying wrote:
"
evilfud wrote:
Let me clarify even further about 99% of the time characters will be wiped from any beta, closed or open to release. They want everyone starting at a single point to make it as fair as possible.

Fud

C'mon don't give false statement. So far i've seen 2 i think closed betas that didn't have wipe and i can say the same about ob, only 2-3 that HAD wipe. You're exaggerating with 99% lol. And i'm talking about hundreds CB's i've been in so far.
OB has wipe usually if something is wrong with database and there's no other way to fix the issue but wiping everything. Ofc we're talking about f2p games, not p2p.

lol do you really think they will let people have a huge jump on everyone else? any beta i've ever played the server is wiped before the real launch...
"
evilfud wrote:
Let me clarify even further about 99% of the time characters will be wiped from any beta, closed or open to release. They want everyone starting at a single point to make it as fair as possible.

Fud

whatttttt? really?
There will be a reset between closed and open beta... however due to the nature of this game, there probably will be no major distinction between open beta and release.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Vast majority of the time there is a wipe between beta and final. It's not considered fair to new players to have beta players entering the game with high level characters from day 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info