widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Staying on the front until fixed, censored, or banned.

Fix it, GGG.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Another absolutely insane choice they've made that no one wanted yet they're sticking to it. What the hell is going on with GGG?!
Last edited by Fart_Smucker on Aug 30, 2022, 7:27:40 PM
Please restore the full 32:9 resolution!
Inexcusable. Fix it.
Luckily I have 21:9 monitor and it displays fine still, but boy would I be pissed/dissapointed if I had 32:9 screen...
That said, it took a while until my 21:9 was properly supported with some content out there so I get it in a sense.
"
Dado78 wrote:
Luckily I have 21:9 monitor and it displays fine still, but boy would I be pissed/dissapointed if I had 32:9 screen...
That said, it took a while until my 21:9 was properly supported with some content out there so I get it in a sense.

32:9 worked until they took it away without even saying anything.
Last edited by illeagle94 on Aug 30, 2022, 8:02:38 AM
"
illeagle94 wrote:
"
Dado78 wrote:

32:9 worked until they took it away without even saying anything.

Yup. I spent 2 grand on a Neo G9 mostly to play this game on it last year, and it worked more or less perfectly across hundreds of hours of gameplay for me until they decided inexcusably to just remove the support this patch.

Fix it, GGG. You got this one dead wrong.
No good, very bad change.

If the change is for our benefit, clearly we don't want it.

If it's for some perceived advantage, please explain.

If it's some new technical limitation, why now when it's worked fine for so long?

Like, who asked for this? Wasn't me, wasn't anyone so far as I can tell.

Lack of communication prior followed by very little after. Pretty poor showing.
"
casper0010 wrote:
No good, very bad change.

If the change is for our benefit, clearly we don't want it.

If it's for some perceived advantage, please explain.

If it's some new technical limitation, why now when it's worked fine for so long?

Like, who asked for this? Wasn't me, wasn't anyone so far as I can tell.

Lack of communication prior followed by very little after. Pretty poor showing.

+1
some simple points:

if they enlarge the activation radius, more.data needs to be sent to the client. if you host a server farm with millions of customers, the biggest bill is data transfer fees.

it's important if you send 5kb/s or 15kb/s to every client.
and more data also means more server load.

a bigger activation radius means that the client has to load game assets faster when the char is moving cause there is more to load.

another problem is, that players with smaller monitors would activate monsters left and right they don't even see. which would result in more offscreen oneshots.

wide screen players seeing more game assets is a advantage against players with smaller displays, it's not fair.

there is the option to let the game use the whole monitor and add some fog left and right but i don't think players would like it cause they want that advantage.

and, the old implementation wasn't "working ok", clicking outside the smaller activation radius would not let your char move. it was bugged

---

i think there is a solution out there but just give them some time to figure it out.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 30, 2022, 11:54:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info