widescreen resolution removed from the game.

If it is so easy without macros, why there are people still using actual macros? Fact of macro use is what violates definition of fair play, not personal reasons of using macro or not.
"
Echothesis wrote:
If it is so easy without macros, why there are people still using actual macros? Fact of macro use is what violates definition of fair play, not personal reasons of using macro or not.

cause people are lazy and prefer the one click over two click method, and also the few milliseconds of "advantage"
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Yep, and these few milliseconds can make a difference in poe, there is a dozen of server ticks. So if they enforce black bar for the sake of fair play, should equalize things here too, or passively admit that black bars had nothing to do with fair play
Last edited by Echothesis on Oct 13, 2023, 4:37:59 PM
0.033 so you lose about 2-3 ticks at best if you're not a slowpoke compared to a logout macro user. Pretty much in most cases not a deal breaker since you can even get away with the slower method of alt+f4 and still have your character alive with even more server ticks happen till the logout.
Everyone got the option to just log-out pretty damn quickly with and without macro, so it's not just a macro exclusive thing to force log-out on click. therefore it's already fair play. Not sure why a softcore player is so concerned about the "fair play" in hc anyways lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
tackle70 wrote:

It's not triggering, it's just illogical nonsense based on spurious arbitrary reasoning.

Actually its paraphrased from statements GGG have made in the past about both this issue and many other issues like it that have similar sorts of impacts (competative) on the game. For example the part about negative server impact is literally quoted in this thread. Direct from GGG themselves.

But you're going to characterize it as illogical or arbitrary... somehow... I mean we both know why boils down to you not liking the answer so that means its not logical or sensible.

"
tackle70 wrote:

Re:1 - It is arbitrary to select this as a disallowed advantage over other things in the game.

This is "whataboutism" and being able to see more than anyone else because you paid more for hardware is a far larger advantage than anything you listed here (which are mostly available to 100% of the players at no cost) even if it wasn't.

You can downplay "competition" all you want we both know this is incredibly disingenuous when POE's 3 month leagues are literally driven by this sense of "fresh start" FOMO.

Your premise requires ignoring something we are all very familiar with and pretending its not a thing.

"
tackle70 wrote:

Re:2 - It is incompetent to address these things with black bars. Inexcusably incompetent. If the AI/mob behavior is a problem, fix it.

This displays very little understanding of game design and ignores just how quickly AI calculations compound on each other when you add multiple packs that are normally inactive and invisible to the client.

"
tackle70 wrote:

Re:3 - There is no evidence that 32:9 displays ever distorted this game's meta. That's some serious fake news revisionist history.

I'm sorry but this is a game forum we all know what happens when someone finds a more efficient or faster way to do something. Have you never seen people insist that the game can't even be played without TFT discord channel?

CuteDog's widescreen streams (which literally deformed the meta at the time he was doing it) is just empirical proof. If you hate him thats perfectly fine but also completely irrelevant to the point. His widescreen streams were just pure proof. All you have to counter this is whataboutism and refusal to acknowledge basic cause and effect relationships (such as how metas evolve) that just about everyone reading this forum takes for granted and are incredibly familiar with.

"
tackle70 wrote:

1 year, 55 days

Fix it

Never know maybe they have UW support in POE2... be interested to know if anyone has asked about it.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Oct 15, 2023, 2:41:35 PM
I think we should go back to 1080p, that is the future, why change?
WTB 32:9 MTX
"Basic functionality that existed natively with zero problems from 2013 until August 19, 2022."

Fix it, GGG.
I was wondering where did this thread gone, thought mods deleted it :)
Does look like the OP is banned or at least temp banned, bit sad.

Yea I still dont understand this decision, not much explanation either makes it really meh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info