[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Snowbliz wrote:
I cannot do the sanctum with my lag, usually have up to 200 ms, sometimes up to 500, when standing in my HO.
Any tips?

Is your internet on wifi? I gamed for quite a while a few years back with wifi and using a cable has changed everything.

Do you have something running in the background that could be downloading/uploading and interfering with PoE? If it's not constant, it could be automatic updates.

That's all I've got unfortunately. I hope you work that out! Sanctum must be completely unplayable with lag.

I'm currently on holiday, so my internet is on wifi. I hope i can switch it to cable.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
I was able to nab this Megalomaniac for 50C :

I think the Chilled Presence notable ("nearby enemies are chilled") would help with bossing (no need for Vortex to apply Blanketed Snow and other such effects) and during mapping (easier to freeze when the enemies are pre-chilled).

Thoughts?

If vortex is linked with Awakened Unbound Ailments + Arcane surge + Bonechill, it can inflict a 30% chill even on bosses. It gives you + 30% damage on bosses, so vortex is a must use skill no matter what.
Hey whiterockxx, how is your crit version working out?

--------------

I had time to pull in your build with my gear from the previous league, and got a ~20% dps gain, so well done.

The bottleneck would appear to be the helm enchant (zealotry or purity of elements.) I assume you purchased the helm with the enchant already and smashed it with spites? (I tried that previous league and that did not go well. ~150 spites and nothing good.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 17, 2022, 4:30:39 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
Hey whiterockxx, how is your crit version working out?

also, where do you guys farm XP this league, delve is meh for me in terms of gameplay
Abyss is great for XP. With all the nodes, you get four pits of high enemy density and they give double XP.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
I was able to nab this Megalomaniac for 50C :

I think the Chilled Presence notable ("nearby enemies are chilled") would help with bossing (no need for Vortex to apply Blanketed Snow and other such effects) and during mapping (easier to freeze when the enemies are pre-chilled).

Thoughts?

If vortex is linked with Awakened Unbound Ailments + Arcane surge + Bonechill, it can inflict a 30% chill even on bosses. It gives you + 30% damage on bosses, so vortex is a must use skill no matter what.

Huh. I missed that part of Bonechill. Thanks a lot! I knew I might be missing something.
Hi all again, now my shadow is 90,5 lvl and i have probably 24-25k dps on Ice storm tooltip including all flasks and buffs.
This is with Cyclone of course.
Guys , don't think about self casting it is shit, you will get 1shotted in a moment on hard t14-t15 maps.
Mobility with Frostblink - is our all. We CAN'T stay and cast, we NEED to move constantly.
I have a decent ES now and crafted by myself top helmet, chest, gloves and ring.
All things were crafted with using 30-40 Deafening essence of Spite and exa\annul orbs.

I have 2050 INT and 8,4 k ES now. Upgraded Astramentis and boots with annointment.
And... this is not enough for just 1shotting rare monsters and Blight monsters on 80+ maps. Even with 2 curses on them.
Blight is very hard to do because there are a lot of monsters and they are VERY FAT.
I have already kicked off the useless Proliferation gem and placed in socket Bonechill.It gave me +1500 dps on tooltip.
Idk what i can do more now, perhaps to craft 2nd ring with %increase int, and chest. But crafting the chest is like suicide for my economy.
The build on 80+ maps has a big lack of DPS. Perhaps i need to put 20-30 div on it more but i am not a billionaire.
Last edited by Ghost285 on Dec 17, 2022, 6:36:58 PM
I'm clearing 60% delirious t16s with full abyss on a few div budget. I can't take a look at your build RN, but will later.

Elemental proliferation is a huge defensive upgrade. It spreads chill and freeze, which stops packs from killing you.

Self-cast is 2-3X damage, so you use it to kill beefy rares when you can afford to move less.

I'll take a look at your build when I can.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
I'm clearing 60% delirious t16s with full abyss on a few div budget. I can't take a look at your build RN, but will later.

Elemental proliferation is a huge defensive upgrade. It spreads chill and freeze, which stops packs from killing you.

Self-cast is 2-3X damage, so you use it to kill beefy rares when you can afford to move less.

I'll take a look at your build when I can.

https://pastebin.com/a314sHQv
mine full build at this moment.
I have 191.482 dps on AOE staff as an "Effective DPS" in PoB
Here's a few elements :

You've got a random +10 Strength node that breaks your pathing on the right of the tree. Unallocating it is massive (instant 5k hit).

Try to fit in Hatred/Enlighten. That's a massive amount of damage (25% more for me). Enlighten + the reservation mastery nodes on the left of the tree + Charisma annoint on boots whould do the trick.

Keep Elemental Proliferation on the Cyclone staff. It really makes a big difference on the freeze rate of enemies, which in turn reduces damage taken massively.

Change the Granite flasks for Evasion flasks. It's going to scale better since we're not running any armor and armor gets better as it stacks.

You can probably unallocate the Dreamer nodes now that your Clarity is high enough.

The Safeguard nodes should also make a big difference. Plus, pathing through those nodes will make the Split Personnalities be farther from the start.

All in all, though, you seem to have similar defenses to mine, though about 20% less DPS. I'm a bit stumped, because I'm wading through enemies easily without dying at all. Are you moving at full speed through enemy packs while Cycloning? You can go through, then back again, always moving at full speed and you should dodge a lot of the hits that way. You do have 3000 evasion (10% chance) less than me (10k/24% with flasks), so maybe that plus the 8% block and 12% spell block chance is what makes the difference.

Hope that helps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info