[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Long time follower of this guide / thread. Gonna start with WI this time around, have played it in the past but only as a 2nd or 3rd character, so leveling has been of the twink variety.
Did some practice leveling runs in standard and I'll have to say I'm not too big of a fan of Icicle Mines in general. What have you guys used as an alternative for leveling before WI / EoW + Unleash? Saw some leveling as spark even. Creeping Frost maybe if I don't want to respec the tree too much?
"
Posomo wrote:
Long time follower of this guide / thread. Gonna start with WI this time around, have played it in the past but only as a 2nd or 3rd character, so leveling has been of the twink variety.
Did some practice leveling runs in standard and I'll have to say I'm not too big of a fan of Icicle Mines in general. What have you guys used as an alternative for leveling before WI / EoW + Unleash? Saw some leveling as spark even. Creeping Frost maybe if I don't want to respec the tree too much?

Cold DOT requires almost no respec. See my post 2-3 pages back. Creeping Frost + Cold Snap + Forst Bomb + Frostbite.

Honestly, since the beginning of leveling is running to the top elemental damage nodes, you can run whatever elemental skill you like and take the appropriate wheel, then you only need a dozen respec points.
Will there be a new POB for 3.24?
"
bcain1787 wrote:
Will there be a new POB for 3.24?

I believe there's no change from 3.23.
Weird I would think the 3.23 one had charms and such.
"
bcain1787 wrote:
Weird I would think the 3.23 one had charms and such.

I think charms did not change the rest of the build. We just got more int.
Has anyone ever run a Cold Dot build like this one for a league starter?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602

I ran it through POB using the Whispering Ice Build Passives and it's pretty comparable.
What's your atlas strategy for this build?
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
Has anyone ever run a Cold Dot build like this one for a league starter?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602

I ran it through POB using the Whispering Ice Build Passives and it's pretty comparable.

That's a nice find! I was looking for something similar. Using whirling blades for movement is an interesting idea.

The initial bottleneck is likely to be getting BBG BGG BBB gear. Might be worthwhile to run a witch first to get two shots at the vendor to start with.

Note: you don't want to run Eldritch Battery and CI at the same time so it might be worth actually following the build today to see if there are other issues as well.
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 28, 2024, 2:28:42 PM
"
destinydesi wrote:
What's your atlas strategy for this build?

That depends on what you want to farm. My kid suggested building a scarab-focused tree to start with and then farming catalysts from Ultimatum using the "all rewards are catalysts" scarab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info