!@#!@My first physics class... Academia Pub!@#$%$

"
I think that regardless of culture, students either respect their teacher or not. There are always different people.

That's true. But it feels like they still get less and less respect from newer generations.
dang, i dont really like physics either.

i really didnt like the universal gravitation formula (and the pendulum too)

the square root and all of the stuff inside it makes it really difficult to remember unfortunately.

also not a big fan of fluid dynamics... too complicated to do in your head and i just cant grasp the concepts
"
solwitch wrote:
I was invited to teach at a summer school, kids range from 1st grade up to high school. I never taught a class before, at the end of the summer school 60 percent of students increased their overall math skills. Unfortunately much of their discipline to finish their homework and study comes from home. I honestly believe professors at a college level have it much easier vs a high school teacher who gets shit on by immaturity.

In my opinion, one of the most soul-crushing things you can do with your life as an academic is to dedicate your time to trying to teach a subject you love to students who aren't interested in learning.

I find great joy in teaching people who want to learn, but you honestly couldn't make me teach in a school as a full time teacher again regardless of what you offered.

The amount of high school teachers I have seen absolutely mentally broken by their students is saddening to say the very least, I'm glad I got out of the education sector years ago now.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
TheGameWWE wrote:
I think that regardless of culture, students either respect their teacher or not. There are always different people.

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better~
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info