FIX CONSOLE TRADING

Edit:

GGG have made a post and this is great news for console:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294117

#1. do not allow players to list items for sale without a price. no price, no player can see said item, if you match the items price let it auto-buy without confirmation of the other player. this would not only allow you to buy offline players items but cut out waiting 30+ mins for them to reject you or not even respond at all. and it would also cut out all the 1000s of pages of junk thats unpriced and has no reason to even show up on the market. if you decide you want to barter the price then it wont be a matched auto-sale and require confirmation of the other player. very simple very effective.

#2. add a actual search method, do you know how hard it is to find specific rolls on gear flicking through pages of junk on quote. its terrible. if i quote "life" "resistance" dont grey out all the items and make me flick through 100s of pages. FILTER THEM AWAY COMPLETELY so im left with 2-3 pages of the exact thing im looking for.

#3. non-unique filter and unique search option by name, i wanna be able to type "rats nest" and only see that not having to open up a wiki on what base item it is every time i want to buy a unique.

#4 typing out quotes constantly is also painful, why cant we open the filter and have a list of previously used quotes/quote history that we can just tap A on to use again. even if it was just 5-10 slots this would be a huge quality of life.

1) "life" "resistance"
2) "dex"
3) "life" "mana" "intel" "recoup"
4)
5)
ect.. ect..

#5 cross platform xbox + ps5 to practically double the economy.

you can do these 5 simple steps to dramatically change how bad trading is on console and dramatically improve the player experience.

you wont see many console players on the forums so im speaking for a lot of people here that dont even know theres a suggestion thread...

--------------
also theres a price fixer issue thats tied to RMT but ima just spoiler that away cause its not really the factor of the topic.
Spoiler
-----------
il break this down for you
-rmt clan stocks up on chaos orbs
-rmt clan lists all chaos orbs for fixed prices to control the price of exalted, e.g 130 chaos = 1 exalted.
-rmt clan rejects all offers they ever receive on said exalted. its purely up for sale to manipulate legit players.
-actual legit player gets an exalted drop and see's that exalted are "selling for 130c"
-rmt clan buys legit players exalted for 130c
-rmt clan now has so many exalted orbs that they list pages of them 1 ex / 150c.

do you see how this has a snowball effect for their personal gain?
----------
Last edited by Cchris07 on Aug 19, 2022, 3:03:59 PM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2022, 3:04:41 PM
Trade market needs attention asap
The whole economy needs a help. Shared market for PS and Xbox would already help.
With the current build variety (there is none) it hurts even more when you cant play some builds because the key items just don't exist! (of cost 40ex when it is 20c on PC)
Lab enchants are another beast. Maybe create a console only item allowing to transfer enchants. (enchant not existing on the piece you need is another build slayer)

Now on to trade market fix suggestions:
Allow insta buyout if the buyer offers the sum I ask for. It will delete price fixers (dear ggg employee you cant tell me you open up the EX tab in the trade market for example and don't see something fishy going on)

HIDE not just grey out unwanted results when looking for specific things. It is not challenging, entertaining or fun to scroll 500 pages in search of a rare mod combination.
Remember, this is a game and should be fun and not made as annoying as possible.
Everytime i come here its "fix trade" on top of this list and i couldnt agree more. Trading is the worst part about this game for me. Please make it good.
I've just been trying to buy some Exalted orbs for the last three days, the price for them is set. Got nothing but ignore during this time. Cant craft my items for upgrade build because of such an important element of the game as trade is broken on console
Agreed. Trading needs to be fixed.

Filters and the buy-it-now (to kill price fixing) feature are the least they can do to fix it. PC players have a huge advantage with good trading experience. You can spend multiply hours finding forbidden fire and flesh jewels. It's just not right.
fix PlayStation port
I guess they are working on some new built-in market for pc and console, maybe next league or with Poe 2.0 and before that they don't plan any fixes here.

Simple solution would be to list add searches on official trade site so you could look for item on website then find on market by exact name, stats or just pm player.
Last edited by Reborn409 on Aug 9, 2022, 2:18:54 PM
Wouldn't it be great if they made the trade board cross platform. Thr player base is so small on either console that sometimes you can't find a certain item at all.
Agreed.
Trading needs to be fixed.
Perfect solution for start cross platform xbox + ps5 - just market.
Well, we got an answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info